Over Trousers

Does anyone have over trousers they use when biking, for wearing over office clothes or similar?

Was thinking of getting something like these, but not sure how good they'd actually be in the event of a crash: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Texpeed-Waterproof-Motorbike-Motorcycle-Trousers/dp/B00C26NH2I

Want something with full length zips on the legs, and with armour built in rather than simply waterproof, so was curious to know if anyone here has experience of something similar.

I wear my textile jacket and trousers over my work trousers, shirt and tie.

I have the alpinestars bogota.

alpinestars_bogota_drystar_jacket_zoom.jpg.4a7cfe3f3a2390a7ee81398f5567002e.jpgalpinestars_pant_bogota_zoom.jpg.96753dcbadcedff619abd3558936ffbe.jpg

And if it's really hammering it down I put richa waterproof overs on, over the above. mf2TmxxP6rW0szyKGOyPvWg.jpg.2efc3fa3e4ae3398b7368112a16c6af9.jpg

Don't ignore your feet though, getting to work with wet feet is bloody miserable!

I keep my trousers in my bag but i suppose i could where them under.

I use the Dainese D Explorer Gore Tex Trousers. Bloody brilliant. I have a tail tidy so even going through a small puddle means my arse gets showered in water, however these have proved to be impenetrable to water in even the heaviest of downpours.

Considered getting in the bath with em.

I have some Weise ones for the exact thing,go over my office wear. They're thick enough and armoured (Ive slid in them at 30mph and still good for use). They have braces to hold em up too and they're a little baggy but makes sticking them on easy. They don't seem to do the ones I have any more do but similar, they're £100 new but I got these second hand for a fraction of that. Also I'd say they're properly water proof, Ive used them in all kinds of weather.

Similar ones To mine

http://www.flitwickmotorcyclesexpress.com/clothing/weise-marin-textile-waterproof-motorcycle-jean-trousers-black/?utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_source=bc&gclid=CMeBhfjOjNICFTgo0wodbpEG8w

Ive only once seen something like you describe.. the pants open in a similar way to this suit.. with a full length zip.. running up the inside of both legs.

so.. you can literally step out of them with zero struggle.

only downside is its made in the USA and not cheap. add on shipping and possible duties.

I cant find a photo of the pants opened.. but heres a suit in one of their more garish colourways.

pants cost about £560 + shipping/duty. The suit as shown.. about £800+

239_1b_1.thumb.jpg.591dbcf68574d4c35dae9b0402d75eb2.jpg

Ive yet to see a European equivalent... a proper suit or trousers that is fully office friendly and good for general biking too. fully armoured and waterproof.. warm for winter.

I have some Weise ones for the exact thing,go over my office wear. They're thick enough and armoured (Ive slid in them at 30mph and still good for use). They have braces to hold em up too and they're a little baggy but makes sticking them on easy. They don't seem to do the ones I have any more do but similar, they're £100 new but I got these second hand for a fraction of that. Also I'd say they're properly water proof, Ive used them in all kinds of weather.

Similar ones To mine

http://www.flitwickmotorcyclesexpress.com/clothing/weise-marin-textile-waterproof-motorcycle-jean-trousers-black/?utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_source=bc&gclid=CMeBhfjOjNICFTgo0wodbpEG8w

Cheers, that sounds like the sort of thing, and I've just seen that Alpinestars and a few others do something with 3/4 length zips which would do the trick.

My thinking is I want something I can easily step out of in a car park or something without looking too much of an oddball!

Ive only once seen something like you describe.. the pants open in a similar way to this suit.. with a full length zip.. running up the inside of both legs.

so.. you can literally step out of them with zero struggle.

only downside is its made in the USA and not cheap. add on shipping and possible duties.

I cant find a photo of the pants opened.. but heres a suit in one of their more garish colourways.

pants cost about £560 + shipping/duty. The suit as shown.. about £800+

239_1b_1.jpg

Ive yet to see a European equivalent... a proper suit or trousers that is fully office friendly and good for general biking too. fully armoured and waterproof.. warm for winter.

Haha, that looks a bit over the top for what I need! Bit less Norwegian Fisherman Chic! :lol:

Haha, that looks a bit over the top for what I need! Bit less Norwegian Fisherman Chic! :lol:

Unfortunately that was the only photo they had of the suit fully opened. I did say it was one of their more garish colours. not something I would choose.

i would probably go for the old favourite.

320_1f_4.thumb.jpg.16019b9f9f25c6e015402c0018f2c154.jpg

To be fair.. the price of the suit isnt bad when you compare it with Rukka.. my jacket cost more than that suit.

I use these, they have built in knee and hip protection, and easily fit over my regular trousers. They zip up past the knee so pretty easy to get on/off whilst wearing boots. So far they've proved waterproof :)

https://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/product/stein-stp105-adjustable-jean-black/8037

Does anyone have over trousers they use when biking, for wearing over office clothes or similar?

Was thinking of getting something like these, but not sure how good they'd actually be in the event of a crash: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Texpeed-Waterproof-Motorbike-Motorcycle-Trousers/dp/B00C26NH2I

Want something with full length zips on the legs, and with armour built in rather than simply waterproof, so was curious to know if anyone here has experience of something similar.

They look just like trousers, rather than over trousers. I always change once I get to work, clothes under motorbike kit is way too warm and bulky. I have waterproof over trousers and jacket but that goes over my motorbike kit, not just clothes.