Where do you guys get your gear?

I have bought some gear form J&S in Northwich, its a nice 20mile ride for me. IXS hlemet served me well for a few years.

I got boots from Aldi, 4 years old and past thier best now but excellent value.

Jacket and trousers from NEC show. Not impressed with RST kit, not waterproof.

Just got a new Shark Sqwal LED Helmet from Manchester bike show. cost £160 best price on Ebay £210! Saving paid for fuel & admission, anda good day out into the deal.

I got a load of gear given to me when i worked at the tip, amazing what some people will throw away. Also found my jacket in a charity shop for £15, fits perfectly. Helmet i got on ebay (thank god it fits)

Don't overlook the bike shows, a lot of the big retailers have stalls at them with some great "Show only" Deals on offer.

Of course it's only of use if you're not in a great rush to buy and can wait for a show near enough to you.

• 4 weeks later...

I was buying a lid for the lad and went to J&S, but the salesboy came out with such utter shit I walked out without one.

His bull may work on someone who's new to bikes, but not a beardy old git who's been riding since he was 16. I really wish selly people wouldn't do things like that.