Where do you guys get your gear?

So I'm about ready for some new boots and a new lid but where do you guys think has the most reasonable prices for gear? eBay used to have good prices for new gear but now it seems about the same as retail which is understandable, any advice?

I have only ever gotten my gear from the same dealership I got my bike from (JS Gedge). Except for my first pair of bike boots which I got from Amazon becuase Halfords didn't have my size in stock.

I'm a strong believer in going to a store and trying stuff on just to make sure it's gonna be a good fit and feels "secure". I'm not saying you can't get good deals online, that's just my preference.

Go to a shop try stuff on, give them your money :mrgreen:

I always go before and try stuff on to get sizes etc... But the shop near me seems so much more expensive than the internet so I try, get sizes then buy online

I try to use local as I like to try stuff on first.

Most shops have to match online prices to survive. Ghostbikes, The Rocket centre and J&S are all very local so get my money.

But don't over look main dealers. They can have larger margins and will sometimes sell for a small lose in the hope you will do a repeat visit.

My local triumph sold me the C3 pro and SRC pro Bluetooth as well as Sidi adventure boots for nearly cost price. In return I did take my bike there for service.

I always go before and try stuff on to get sizes etc... But the shop near me seems so much more expensive than the internet so I try, get sizes then buy online

have you asked to see if they'll price match or at least meet you half way? they have a lot more overheads than online places and ironically loss of sales due to people just using them as a fitting room is probably pushing up the prices a smidge too. (not judging we all do it)

J&S there's a few about they've got plenty of gear and helpful staff who will advise you on sizes and fit for your lid.

And me. Got some new gloves today in their Manchester store

Walking boots or old army boots, I'll not buy bike boots as a rule. Tempted by some Sidis but I'll not pay that much for them.

Jackets have mainly come from eBay. I'll buy from fashion victims who feel the need to constantly have new things. Got a new winter textile from the Triumph factory outlet as the old one was hopeless with rain.

I've owned two sets of leather trousers, again from eBay. Otherwise it's jeans or army surplus trousers.

Lids are the only thing I'll always buy new but I'll shop around online for the cheapest.

Gloves are the only thing I'll try on first - I'm still using the two pairs I bought in 2008.

Then it won't be there much longer if it's not making any sales!!

Tell them you've seen it cheaper online and chances are they will drop the price.

Don't use them as a free fitting room - the reason they are more expensive is that they have all the bills associated with running an actual shop to pay and aren't a faceless internet site.

Then it won't be there much longer if it's not making any sales!!

Tell them you've seen it cheaper online and chances are they will drop the price.

Don't use them as a free fitting room - the reason they are more expensive is that they have all the bills associated with running an actual shop to pay and aren't a faceless internet site.

The extra few quid should be worth you being able to try on there and not have to faff around with returns and awaiting refunds.

I use a mixture of bricks and mortar store and online.

Helmet and gloves in store at Infinity. Could have price matched the helmet but the extra £20 was worth being able to find the correct fitting helmet IMO.

Jacket in store at Urban Rider

Jeans Online from Hood Jeans

New leather jackets online from both Urban Rider and Sports Bike Shop.

I've done a mix. Mostly because there is no large bike clothing departments anywhere near me. So I've bought helmets both online, and from my local Honda garage, my gloves are from a local independent shop, jeans from gumtree, leather 2 piece from ebay, my halvarssons textile kit was from www.motolegends.com (their customer service is great) and my boots are from Altberg. I actually went down to Yorkshire and got measured for them, and then 6 weeks later when down for a final fitting and collection.

I'm lucky, my local Honda dealer will give me a discount on stuff and get things in for me to try from the brands they stock. But they do only stock 3 brands (RST, Held and Oxford). They will also try their best to price match online prices.

Got my gear from my local bike shop Bolt bikes shop. Totally worth it for making sure things fit, took four tries to get the best fitting gloves for my tiny hands, would have been a nightmare trying to return and buy those online. If you are pretty standard for fitting clothing then you can do alright with mixing it up but check out the local shops and dealerships in case they do deals with who you have done your bike tests with or with other sales or incentives.

I buy everything from sportsbikeshop as their service and returns are fantastic, this includes helmets as I have found the brand that fits me best so just keep ordering that.

Most items with reviews give you a good enough idea on the fit and their pricing is pretty keen and takes out the hassle of having to drive 30+ miles just to find a bike shop with a reasonable range!

I buy everything from sportsbikeshop as their service and returns are fantastic, this includes helmets as I have found the brand that fits me best so just keep ordering that.

Most items with reviews give you a good enough idea on the fit and their pricing is pretty keen and takes out the hassle of having to drive 30+ miles just to find a bike shop with a reasonable range!

I also bought my agv helmets from sportsbikeshop. Can't fault the service.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Received my first sportsbikeshop order yesterday. Jacket didn't meet expectations so arranged a return.

Only slight negative is having to use a UPS access point for returns. Most off them in my area lets say i wouldn't want/trust to drop off a £300+ parcel.

Would prefer if they had made that clear on the site before ordering.

Received my first sportsbikeshop order yesterday. Jacket didn't meet expectations so arranged a return.

Only slight negative is having to use a UPS access point for returns. Most off them in my area lets say i wouldn't want/trust to drop off a £300+ parcel.

Would prefer if they had made that clear on the site before ordering.

Once you signed it over its not your problem. You get proof of postage and that's all you need.

• 1 month later...

I've just been to Telford Motorcycle Centre for the first time!

pretty impressed only a small(ish) place but well stocked and reasonable prices.

I bought some RST vintage armd jeans £99.99

and some RST stunt Pro WP boots £84.99.

I've been trying to find jeans that fit me and low boots for ages!