Evening all,

I have one main riding buddy and we are on the lookout for some quality compact Bluetooth headsets.

The main criteria would be:

1. Comms between the two of us

2. Bluetooth phone connectivity for directions/music for longer trips

Sena seem like a good brand, what are everyone's experiences? Also, I am having trouble wading through the catalogue to find the most cost effective solution that covers the criteria above!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sena are good as are scala rider

scala rider do a nice comparison table for ease :wink:

http://www.cardosystems.com/static/us/comparison.html

I use the scala rider Q3 and it works well I can hear the wife nagging at silly speeds :lol:

You could get a twin pack rider and pillion and share the cost the units are the same as if you would have bought then separately

Buying the twin pack usually saves a few quid but you will have to stay mates for the warranty :lol:

I went with Scala Packtalk we wanted the ability to have music AND intercom simultaneously.

It has allot more functionality. Reason for going Scala they claim to be water proof unlike Sena. I have mixed views on how the set yes its good, but tis not without its limitations....

Then if on a budget I would not discount these at 1/2 the price, at some speed coms are going to become difficult. Just with these it will be a bit slower...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/111890227118?lpid=122&chn=ps&adgroupid=40252304524&adgroupid=40252304524&rlsatarget=pla-277120534740&rlsatarget=pla-277120534740&abcId=923866&adtype=pla&adtype=pla&merchantid=110606909&poi=&poi=&googleloc=1006900&googleloc=1006900&device=c&device=c&campaignid=738469119&campaignid=738469119&crdt=0

Buying the twin pack usually saves a few quid but you will have to stay mates for the warranty :lol:

This shouldn't be an issue, we've managed for about 10 years so far haha Thanks for your help guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went with Scala Packtalk we wanted the ability to have music AND intercom simultaneously.

It has allot more functionality. Reason for going Scala they claim to be water proof unlike Sena. I have mixed views on how the set yes its good, but tis not without its limitations....

Then if on a budget I would not discount these at 1/2 the price, at some speed coms are going to become difficult. Just with these it will be a bit slower...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/111890227118?lpid=122&chn=ps&adgroupid=40252304524&adgroupid=40252304524&rlsatarget=pla-277120534740&rlsatarget=pla-277120534740&abcId=923866&adtype=pla&adtype=pla&merchantid=110606909&poi=&poi=&googleloc=1006900&googleloc=1006900&device=c&device=c&campaignid=738469119&campaignid=738469119&crdt=0

Used Sena for a few years now, both the SMH10 (wife Lid) and the 20S (mine). No issues with water ingress and we have some monumental storms here which occasionally catch me out. Did a lot of research with Bikers passing through our place and at the time Sena seemed the most reliable. Their Universal Connection gives you the opportunity to connect with other makes. Can't fault the operation or quality. I love music while I am riding and the 20S gives really good audio.

Used Sena for a few years now, both the SMH10 (wife Lid) and the 20S (mine). No issues with water ingress and we have some monumental storms here which occasionally catch me out. Did a lot of research with Bikers passing through our place and at the time Sena seemed the most reliable. Their Universal Connection gives you the opportunity to connect with other makes. Can't fault the operation or quality. I love music while I am riding and the 20S gives really good audio.

Its a tough call, the Packtalk has the ability to connect to other headsets and we have done it. It also has DMC which can connect up to 15 riders a couple of times in theory there are about 8 of us but that ha not happened yet. The bit I fight with is the DMC bridge where in theory I can bridge in another set in DMC Mode. We also like the Dual audio streaming even if its not without its limitations.

I cannot fault Cardos customer support, even if I am challenging the capabilities of the unit...

Most people it seems dont expect to expect the unit to use most of its features at once :oops: Why Can't I have DMC bridge DMC chat and Music sharing at the same time :P (you can have music but not music sharing)...

I ahve no experiacne of using the Sena so cannot comment on that one...

Sena's Universal Connection allows you to connect to non Sena Headsets regardless. Range is more limited with that connection but connect a group of Sena and non Sena the right way and you can expand the number of connections.

Sena of course allows multiple Intercom connections between other Sena headsets, the number depends on the model. Certainly the 20S has a group function which is easy to set up on the App. I can set up a Group connection and include the Audio Pack for GoPro in that Group. I can also listen to my music with any connection combination. Sena have music sharing but as the significant other half doesn't share my diverse taste in music I have never used it. She has her own music connection.

The range of the Senas is about what they claim in ideal conditions and is certainly good enough to be functional. The old SMH10 is just under a KM while the 20S is considerably more. They reconnect after a dropped connection fairly reliably IMHE.

My only experience with Cardo was the Schuberth Integrated System which wasn't designed for distance and was intermittent at best.

While canvassing guests here Rider to Pillion wasn't an issue with any of the makes really although the actual quality of the Audio on the cheaper models was. It was Rider to Rider that was important to me and at that time the bigger manufacturers were not compatible with each other although you could pair to some of the lesser known makes. The Sena Universal Connection addressed that as far as they could and certainly made a difference. Maybe things have moved on since my last purchase. Mine is working fine so I have had no cause to look. At the time Sena was head and shoulders above the others for what I needed for my personal entertainment and Tour Guiding.

I'm sure I'll see some of the newer models passing through this coming season and may even get tempted because I just can't help myself :D

Myself and 2 others grabbed some SENA 10S so we can chat and easier for riding when you can let your friends know the road ahead etc.... So far no issues, they work really well. Audio level is good enough, even out on the motorway with wind they've been decent.

I like how compact the mid and speakers are aswell.