when buying boots do you go one size up?

boots locally aren't to my taste to much plastic or just plain costing to much for what I'm willing to pay.

I have to have a boot that has a zip that goes all the way down due to me having a high instep foot.

I don't suffer with pains or anything just got big feet etc.

the boots I'm currently wearing are size 11 but USA , EU size is 46 (which as far as I know is size 12 uk)

I've got a pair of shoes that are size 12 but a little on the large size.

with sizes all over the place???

US 12 is UK 11...... 8-)

I recently got a pair of TCX boots.....really comfy compared to my Sidi's, which tend to be quite narrow.........I got UK 11 TCX boots, which have plenty of room....whereas the Sidis were UK 11.5 and were tight......so, you really need to try them on...... :wink:

I find sizes can be a bit vague sometimes, one make in a size 11 can be too big and another by a different manufacturer too tight, I always go and try them on, J&S have plenty in stock to gauge which size is best for you. You can always then go and look for them cheaper online.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a size 12 in normal shoes. And just bought some bike boots in a size 13 .I tried a fare few on first and found the frank thomas qualifier gp boots from J&S ok for me had to wait for a week to get them in the right colours.. as you'll be aware J&S own frank thomas anyway.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Tried to buy boots to fit recently and they were all over the shop, even ones claiming to be the same make and size.

Gave up in the end and got some more walking boots - tough, waterproof and made with some sense of quality standards.