HELP!!

I want to purchase some kevlar jeans but there are so many to choose from I'm confused.

Normally I am a size 42 waist with a short / regular leg length. Any recommendations please?

I found sizes to be weird and all wrong and varied. I got a set of alpinestars jeans by trying on different sizes. I'm normally a 36/36 but had to go 38/34 for some reason. Whatever, it works' but you really do seem to need to try them on.

Also, when trying them on, you don't want the knee pads in the right place when standing up or they'll be too high when sitting on a bike. Ask advice from someone in the shop - overall I found staff in motorcycle shops far more helpful than most other shops! No substitute for finding a shop with a decent range and trying lots on though.

Hood Jeans

Fully lined, come in all different lengths and they'll also adjust length if needed.

D3O is secured be Velcro so quite a lot of room for adjustment on the knees.

I've a pair of both the K7 and B15. With the latter being my favourite to wear.

Hood Jeans

Fully lined, come in all different lengths and they'll also adjust length if needed.

D3O is secured be Velcro so quite a lot of room for adjustment on the knees.

I've a pair of both the K7 and B15. With the latter being my favourite to wear.

I have a pair of Hood jeans too. They are made not to far away from me, so I was able to pop down and try them on and adjust leg length and fit. They get my vote.

Hood for me too. Cracking jeans. Sizing about what I'd expect from normal trousers. Very helpful on the phone.

• 1 month later...

I've just bought myself a pair of Red Route Ultimate Rider (006) jeans. Kevlar around the bum and down the thighs, pads in the hips and knees. Handy zips at the back and at the bottom of the legs if you need to open them out - since I grew up wearing flares I couldn't resist that bit.

I tired a few pairs on as fit is a really personal thing, they just felt the most comfortable on.

(I've seen a few reviews which vary whether they have armour pads in the knees / hips. When I was looking various pairs did or didn't have the pads in place. The bloke I asked said the pads have a funny habit of disappearing but any pair I bought would have the right pads installed before I left the shop.)

And yes - after days or scorching sunny weather - they day I buy jeans it rains.

• 1 month later...