Why boots are important!

I was wearing a £200 pair of boots when I had my big crash. Said boots are now why I am registered disabled.

I have some fantastic pictures of leg and foot injuries which were/are part of my case studies into kit and its failings, it would cause a few people to throw up if they saw them.

I believe the medical bods prefer you to leave these things alone until they can remove them.

When a kid at our daughter's school stuck a sewing machine needle through his finger she insisted that he go to hospital still attached to the sewing machine. The school first aider wanted to remove it. The doctor contacted the school to say sending the kid in still attached to the machine was 100% the best thing to have done.

I was wearing a £200 pair of boots when I had my big crash. Said boots are now why I am registered disabled.

I have some fantastic pictures of leg and foot injuries which were/are part of my case studies into kit and its failings, it would cause a few people to throw up if they saw them.

Hi

Gory pics are unnecessary, but if you could take the time to explain how to boots made things worse (if I'm understanding correctly), that might help others!

This was my mates foot after being rebuilt in hospital after a slowspeed crash with a car on his 125 wearing trainers.

ALWAYS wear your boots

liamsfoot.jpg.86b4c07e64246101206800af61bf64fd.jpg

laimsfoot2.jpg.06b2e37fcb15381842f05fb18a4d0f85.jpg

But its only a splinter :shock:

he really getting some stick , shout at me if this is too naughty , isn't he embarrassed to have a wood on in public :lol:

that's about a 0.5 on the six30 scale of forum naughty :lol:

he really getting some stick , shout at me if this is too naughty , isn't he embarrassed to have a wood on in public :lol:

Yeah C- must try harder :lol:

Stop it ... I'm welling up here ...

I can't believe the guy decided to ride on without even taking the boot off and looking at it. For all he knows that could have hit a major artery and five minutes later he's going light headed with a boot full of blood. He's also riding along with a hole in his boot leading to an open wound that goes deep into his leg, if he wants a really nasty infection he's going the right way about it.

I'd have had that boot off, looked how bad it was, got it washed out with some bottled water, and bandaged, before I went anywhere.

Anyway, this is me just now, just from playing bloody football, so yes, good boots on a motorcycle essential

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd82/colinbal4/20170508_181757_zpsc0syimbg.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd82/colinbal4/incision_zpso1l1i2hw.jpg

I can't believe the guy decided to ride on without even taking the boot off and looking at it. For all he knows that could have hit a major artery and five minutes later he's going light headed with a boot full of blood. He's also riding along with a hole in his boot leading to an open wound that goes deep into his leg, if he wants a really nasty infection he's going the right way about it.

I'd have had that boot off, looked how bad it was, got it washed out with some bottled water, and bandaged, before I went anywhere.

Anyway, this is me just now, just from playing bloody football, so yes, good boots on a motorcycle essential

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd82/colinbal4/20170508_181757_zpsc0syimbg.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd82/colinbal4/incision_zpso1l1i2hw.jpg

He did hit an artery, and spent a 11 days in hosptial. :shock:

http://en.zockme.com/dirt-biker-gets-speared-through-the-leg-with-massive-splinter-during-trail-ride/

TBH, I don't think you or anybody else should be playing football while riding.

TBH, I don't think you or anybody else should be playing football while riding.

They were playing Motoball at the MCN show last weekend

this

Motoball-sport1-550x364.jpg.fbfa0b1789b3f6347bb7ddc2e25e9e47.jpg

He did hit an artery, and spent a 11 days in hosptial. :shock:

Imagine what state his mates would've been in if he'd started spouting blood, bled out and died there and then when they removed the wood.