Where is the best place to buy motorcycle helmets online?

Guest williamhawk

Apologies if I've posted in the wrong section.

I'm looking for a helmet to go with a set of black and red leathers I've just purchased.

There doesn't seem to be anything on eBay or Amazon that I like the look of besides the Shox Sniper Skar in Red and Black, which I'm put off as a lot of people say that there is a lot of wind noise above 60mph which could potentially interfere with my bluetooth intercoms.

Are there any other sites you recommend? Got about £100 to play with.

Thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

[mod edit external links removed]

Sportsbikeshop.co.uk

They generally seem to have the cheapest prices, and have a great returns policy so that if something does not fit you can just return it, which includes helmets.

Although that obviously only covers fitting in your own home, obviously things like wind noise you will only discover once it is too late regardless of how you buy.

I'v just ordered a helmet from ghostbikes I only ordered it on Sunday so not got it yet. The reason I went there is if you have any problems with the fit or just don't like it you can return it and they pay for the postage and they seam to hold a lot of stock.

Don't buy a helmet without trying it on. Go to a good shop , try on helmets , get the best fit then see if they will price match or throw in some extras before you buy on line. All brands have a different fit and every head is a different shape so buying blind is not a good idea. As for sellers who take helmets back and re sell to other customers that's just wrong.

Don't buy a helmet without trying it on. Go to a good shop , try on helmets , get the best fit then see if they will price match or throw in some extras before you buy on line. All brands have a different fit and every head is a different shape so buying blind is not a good idea. As for sellers who take helmets back and re sell to other customers that's just wrong.

:stupid:

Also, and I know loads will disagree with me here, don't go to a shop, try on, find the fit and then buy online the exact same thing for cheaper. Like I said, I'll get shouted at for saying not to do that but.... shops play an important role and if we were all just to buy from the discounters online, our high street shops would disappear. I don't buy everything at a shop but if I go there and try stuff on, or get help and advice for an item, using the knowledge of the assistant etc then I feel it's only fair and, most importantly, stops them from dying out.

This has been a serious problem with bicycle shops, not just motorcycle shops and it's now really hard to find good local bicycle shops throughout the continent as a result. Motorcycle gear shops are already a bit of a rare commodity so don't contribute to making it worse!

I have had great service from Helmet City Cheltenham when my Sena went faulty and needed returned to the manufacturer. Anyone can give good service when all they need to do is take your cash and post you a product, it's when things go wrong you find out how good the customer service really is.

:stupid:

Also, and I know loads will disagree with me here, don't go to a shop, try on, find the fit and then buy online the exact same thing for cheaper. Like I said, I'll get shouted at for saying not to do that but.... shops play an important role and if we were all just to buy from the discounters online, our high street shops would disappear. I don't buy everything at a shop but if I go there and try stuff on, or get help and advice for an item, using the knowledge of the assistant etc then I feel it's only fair and, most importantly, stops them from dying out.

This has been a serious problem with bicycle shops, not just motorcycle shops and it's now really hard to find good local bicycle shops throughout the continent as a result. Motorcycle gear shops are already a bit of a rare commodity so don't contribute to making it worse!

well said indeed ! That's one reason I'm no longer working in the motorcycle industry. I used to spend all day demonstrating the features of helmets and clothing to customers who all promised to be back next week never to be seen again .

Most of the big online retailers have stores as well, so if the price is that much better, plan yourself a nice day out on the bike to get there. You'd have gone somewhere else on the bike and spent the petrol money anyway and it's an excuse to go somewhere new. Cheltenham for me was a great day out through Warwickshire and the Cotswolds.

As I just wrote in another thread, my experience of bike shops is that you are generally met with either indifference or a wall of weapons-grade bullshit. I'm struggling to think of one where I've had a good experience in buying lids or other ancillary items in 35yrs or riding. So, based on experience, I'll keep giving my money to cheaper online outlets. Every time I try to support a B&M they always manage to let themselves down.

Most of the big online retailers have stores as well, so if the price is that much better, plan yourself a nice day out on the bike to get there. You'd have gone somewhere else on the bike and spent the petrol money anyway and it's an excuse to go somewhere new. Cheltenham for me was a great day out through Warwickshire and the Cotswolds.

I'm off for a ride out to Skeggy on Sunday, and we're swinging by sportsbikeshop near Boston on the way. Not currently looking to buy anything, so might leave the top box and panniers at home to make sure it stays that way! :lol:

I'm off for a ride out to Skeggy on Sunday, and we're swinging by sportsbikeshop near Boston on the way. Not currently looking to buy anything, so might leave the top box and panniers at home to make sure it stays that way! :lol:

The new shop is not quite what you think.

They only have a very small selection on show.

It's more like an Argos for bike stuff rather than a shop.

I can see why they've done it this way, their business model is online retail.

Just a little heads up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new shop is not quite what you think.

They only have a very small selection on show.

It's more like an Argos for bike stuff rather than a shop.

I can see why they've done it this way, their business model is online retail.

Just a little heads up...

Ta - I've been there before, so know what to expect. Was able to "order" anything they had in stock from their Argos-style terminals, and able to try things on. Means you can't quite browse in the same way as other shops, but if you have a shortlist of what you want to look at then it's still perfectly easy. However, as I'm not looking to buy anything, it won't matter for me anyway. Definitely not. No siree. No bike-related purchases for me on Sunday.

Ahhh. OK. I did don't know you'd been there before.

I'm not looking to buy anything, it won't matter for me anyway. Definitely not. No siree. No bike-related purchases for me on Sunday.

You keep kidding yourself [emoji6]

. Definitely not. No siree. No bike-related purchases for me on Sunday.

you're gonna end up looking like the Michelin man as you'll be forced to wear all your purchases to get them home :lol: