Suggestions for helmet

Hi,

I'm having a starting range VIPER helmet and good earplugs. But regardless of those I'm having a ringing ears after an hour of ride due to wind noise. It has been mentioned in a post that

"A lot of people buy a helmet and think nothing more of their head. After a week of riding I purchased ear plugs (No helmet stops all wind noise and wind noise will affect your hearing with prolonged exposure), a balaclava for winter (and later one for summer), and eventually I started using a pinlock on the inside of my visor after erm…. well… a minor mistake while fitting…. Read the instructions!!"

So if I go for a high range helmets will the wind noise be reduced? Or is there any other way to reduce the wind noise?

I'm everyday rider for commuting and on the way to get my full license .I'm concerned to continue the riding as it is getting bit uncomfortable.

(No helmet stops all wind noise and wind noise will affect your hearing with prolonged exposure),

So if I go for a high range helmets will the wind noise be reduced? Or is there any other way to reduce the wind noise?

I'm everyday rider for commuting and on the way to get my full license .I'm concerned to continue the riding as it is getting bit uncomfortable.

It depends on the brand minuut reduce but not eliminate wind noise. Try a different type of earplugs. And check with your doctor if it persists .

2 balaclavas are cheaper than a new helmet. Bonus: adding balaclavas to the wash is easier than to clean the inside of helmets.

Now you can see that Tom Cruise riding without helmet in Top gun made for good photos in girly magazines but probably would not be good for his long term health :)

Tip.

If you are going down the ear plug route?

Buy them from builders merchants not bike shops and ensure they are rated.

Or become friendly with people who work in power stations etc....lol

I'd start with the earplugs, and try to get the most effective I could. Look up the dB rating to be sure. I looked into moulded ear plugs a few months ago, and if I remember right, they don't give much noise benefit over off the shelf ones.

If the earplugs don't solve the problem on their own, then look at a helmet upgrade as well. As a general rule, if you want a quieter helmet, you have to pay for it. But it doesn't follow that if you buy an expensive helmet, it will be quiet. So you'll need to read the reviews carefully before you go down that route.

I'd start with the earplugs, and try to get the most effective I could. Look up the dB rating to be sure. I looked into moulded ear plugs a few months ago, and if I remember right, they don't give much noise benefit over off the shelf ones.

If the earplugs don't solve the problem on their own, then look at a helmet upgrade as well. As a general rule, if you want a quieter helmet, you have to pay for it. But it doesn't follow that if you buy an expensive helmet, it will be quiet. So you'll need to read the reviews carefully before you go down that route.

The moulded ear plugs offer very little difference in protection versus standard disposable ones. And are far less cost effective.

It was another gimmick surrounding the bike industry. Hence why in areas you genuinely need to where them we still use high rates disposables.