Tyre pumping up device

The petrol station round the corner from my house has a free powered air pump, maybe look for something like that near you? We have a 12v one in the car, but it's loud, slow and feeble.

I use my stirrup pump... It's made for bicycle tyres which mostly.have extremely high pressures compared to motorbike tyres. 100psi is fairly normal.. So it's over engineered for motorbike tyres... It's also very quick and less hassle, for me anyway than the foot pump. I also have a 12v bike powered pump... But it's for emergency use only.fixing punctures at the roadside. An Airman. Tour. Currently £19on eBay. You. Will need. A power socket for it though.. Lighter. Or BMW type Hella.

If I have a lot of pumping to do I use this

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-ranger-7500-2hp-7-5cfm-50ltr-air-compr/ :lol: :lol:

if not a lot I just use a foot pump!

I never use a garage gauge as they are notoriously inaccurate plus when you ride there you warm the tyres up and cause the pressure to increase which also gives a false reading even if it is around the corner! I would only ever use one in an emergency

If I have a lot of pumping to do I use this

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-ranger-7500-2hp-7-5cfm-50ltr-air-compr/ :lol: :lol:

if not a lot I just use a foot pump!

I never use a garage gauge as they are notoriously inaccurate plus when you ride there you warm the tyres up and cause the pressure to increase which also gives a false reading even if it is around the corner! I would only ever use one in an emergency

This thing about the pressure gauges and warm tyres is so important and so often overlooked. I paid about £50 for a racetech gauge (prices vary wildly from£20-£hundreds) and have tested it with the local garage which is a 2 minute slow ride away. Totally different readings. Ignore garage gauges, they're left out in all temperatures, battered by misuse and are about as much use as sticking a finger in the air.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Rather than starting a new post, I thought I'll just piggyback on this one. :)

Anyone able to recommend a decent foot pump to get? I don't have a 12v plug on the bike nor do I fancy one of those air compressors, thinking of using a good old fashion foot pump to keep in my panniers just for emergencies.

Rather than starting a new post, I thought I'll just piggyback on this one. :)

Anyone able to recommend a decent foot pump to get? I don't have a 12v plug on the bike nor do I fancy one of those air compressors, thinking of using a good old fashion foot pump to keep in my panniers just for emergencies.

A foot pump in the panniers! For emergencies!

Honestly get a small compressor and fit a 12v supply