Hood Motorcycle Jeans, any good?

Hi i'm in the process of looking to buy motorbike clothing and tbh i've never been a fan of leathers and traditional motorbike boots. I've seen the Hood motorbike jeans and also some other styles of boots (i like the look of riding in almost casual gear but protective gear with the right levels of armour and protection).

Does anyone on here have any stories or recommendations for Hood or other motorcycle jeans makes?

Thanks.

Only used draggin & red route so far,draggin are more expensive but you can feel the difference in quality, try a few on and go with what fits best

I have a pair of Hood jeans and rate them. I've previously had a pair of Draggin jeans and I would take the Hood over the Draggin. I've got the optional knee and hip armour fitted to mine too.

I've a pair of Hood jeans, which I wear for commuting and weekend riding from spring to autumn (they're not warm enough for me for winter riding). They are really great jeans. They are comfortable both on and off the bike (I often wear them all day at work) and they look like normal jeans, too, which is nice. I've got the armour added, which makes look a bit chunky around the knees, but I like the thought of a bit of extra protection. I had them a year and a half, probably done 8 or 10k miles in them, and no real signs of wear so far.

Seen a test on YouTube last night hood jeans vs aldi guy ties them both to a go kart with around 20kg of weight in each pair an pulls them around a track he gets up to about 55MPH. The hood jeans were fully lined while the aldi ones were only part lines in impact areas aldi were poor would of worn right through to the skin and to be expected for the money. Hood jeans did a really good job an didn't wear through at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fully lined is a marketing gimmick I reckon.

Most leathers have stretch panels in certain places instead of leather as those places don't make contact with the road.

So why do kevlar jeans need to be "fully lined" - they just make you sweat more!

Also dragging a pair of cheap jeans around a go kart track isn't really representative of what happens in an accident where you'll slide for a few metres during which you'll decelerate, not laps of a karting track at steady speed.

Anything is better than nothing so round town, the cheap ones are likely fine.. even better if you don't crash!