Leathers or textiles

I find my leather jacket is cooler for the first half hour or so, but once it's had time to heat up it's just as bad if not worse. Well placed vents make the biggest difference to my mind! My most recent textile jacket has vents around the wrist that give a lovely airflow up the sleeves and around your back, and all the vents have little poppers to hold them wide open once they're unzipped. Used to sweat to death in the previous one but this one is actually pretty usable all year round. Handy little features that make all the difference.

Leathers and textiles can both be pretty hot. Textiles usually come with removable linings which you take out in summer, and this helps them span a wider range of temperatures. But if you want stuff for really warm weather, then look either for ample vents or mesh panels. Vents can be closed for when it rains or colder weather, whereas clothes with mesh panels are only really suitable for warm, dry weather.

How much you sweat down to how well your gear breathes and how well it is is ventilated. In leather you will get very hot and sweat in summer. In textiles, it depends usually on how much you pay for them, the better the gear the better the breathability and ventilation, cheap textiles it's like wearing a black bin bag.

I am cooler in textiles but I would agree with the person who said the cheap ones are a bit sweaty ! My best textile jacket is a style that comes in at the waist with adjustable straps then out again below the waist. It still has all the body armour but the fit seems to be cooler under the arms.

My leather jacket is fine, it's perforated and has stretch panels, and a big zip down the front I leave open to let the air in 8-)

My leather trousers are very sweaty and a nightmare to remove when hot!

I own leather which I've not used for a couple of years and textiles which in now a regular thing for me. Rev'it Defender pro is what I use and the amount of air flow is staggering. It fully opens up revealing mesh panels on the shoulders and the arms and venting at the back. You can also attach a cooling vest but never tried one of them tbh.

I find merino wool base layers help out a lot for leathers and textiles.

leather is better for protection point of view but when it is summer its getting hot. that's why mostly riders preferred to use textile in summer. But perforated leather jackets is good option offering ventilation keeps you relaxed in hot long days riders. Thanks to my Spyke Top Sport GP jackets which i have bought last year from an online. Pretty good for summer riding. Just have look;

spyke-top-sport-chaqueta-de-motociclista-de-cuero-frnt-amarillo-negro-se-110301.jpg