SV650S (2000) Top Box/Rack (Hens teeth I know)

Afternoon All,

I use my SV650S for everything I possibly can - commuting, rides out with the old boys as well as (yes I'm very lucky) the days/weekends out with the Mrs on the back. I have some (throw over the seat) sports panniers but I would like to have a top box, but I've come to learn that a top box rack for the 2000 model are hard to come by.

Has anyone found a top box rack that can fit the curvy SV650S that is made for another bike? Or has someone crafted one themselves?

I know that you can buy a Renntac sports rack, which is about £100 but I'm a little tight and I'd prefer a top box. I know Givi did the monorack arms (or whatever they're called) but they're sold out everywhere.

Anyone had any luck buying second hand ones anywhere, or?

• 2 months later...

I wasn't quick enough, it turns out. Thanks for the link though, I'll keep an eye out on eBay and the like.

Any luck finding something? I'm looking for a box for my curvy too. It's tougher than I imagined. Tia

I wasn't quick enough, it turns out. Thanks for the link though, I'll keep an eye out on eBay and the like.

Any luck finding something? I'm looking for a box for my curvy too. It's tougher than I imagined. Tia

Howdy,

Yes, something was sorted- A renntec Sports rack, which I bought second hadn't from a bloke in London via Gumtree with a Lexteh (?) top box that fitted it with a universal mounting plate.

It's a start, but the Lexteh box isn't the best one.

Getting the sports rack took the longest - I couldn't justify buying a new one at about £90+, but that's because I'm tight with money.