Helmet cameras - attaching them

Hey guys.

Now, call me stupid but I can't work out how to affix a camera to my helmet... I haven't bought one yet, but I've seen the one I want on demon tweeks and it comes with loads of adaptors for frame mounting, etc but I don't see how it would stick to my noggin.

What's the deal?? Halp!

There are usually a couple of self adhesive fittings, slightly curved and flat.

these can stick to the helmets.

I used one on the screen of my bike and its fine,still on after a good few months and at velocities up to the speed limit. :angel12:

gopropads.thumb.jpg.54f645b7b18a245e4e1bed5229941187.jpg

Ah ok, I'm just gonna order the bugger and hope it doesn't mess up the integrity of the helmet :shock:

I don't really go very fast, reckon I'll be ok with it on the side instead of the top?

Are they not noisy and cause drag that you notice?

Doubtful at the relatively pedestrian speeds I progress at. There's no motorways around here and I think it's only an issue for those cruising around at 80 rather than trotting gently at 40-50 tops. I might be wrong though, but all the research I read suggested it shouldn't Ben an issue for me given roads and riding styles. When I do progress to a bigger bike, well, I'll report back.

Just ordered the little thing anyway, now to wait in nervous anticipation to see if it comes with those sticky pads.

I get a bit of extra noise and no drag from my intercom. But it is a lot smaller and closer to the helmet than a camera. The Go-pros look stupid

http://www.mc-ams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/HelmetCamIMG.jpg

Aye, I'm not a fan of the square ones.

This is the exact one I bought - doesn't seem too obtrusive...

http://mycrocamuk.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/rh-ride-r-helmet-600x600.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

What helmet do you have?

I made a gopro mount for my Bell Bullitt and Gringo to go on the chin bar so I don't have to ruin the look of the helmet with things sticking out. They are sturdy too. I commute 80 miles a day through motorway and central London, my teeth are still intact.

36751685666_9cec4d8e1d_k.jpgIMG_3411 by flux co, on Flickr

36799257355_9230e8ea6a_k.jpgIMG_3403 by flux co, on Flickr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EszKhuMHVs

I run a Drift Stealth HD on the right side of my helmet; Scala BT intercom on the left side. The Drift is attached by the 3M adhesive tape that is used by most manufacturers to attach devices to helmets. Mine has shown no interest in leaving the helmet despite a few thousand miles of motorway riding. And the good news is that they don't damage or mark the helmet and - with the application of suitable force - you can peel the tape off to remove the mount without any issue.

I run a Drift Stealth HD on the right side of my helmet; Scala BT intercom on the left side. The Drift is attached by the 3M adhesive tape that is used by most manufacturers to attach devices to helmets. Mine has shown no interest in leaving the helmet despite a few thousand miles of motorway riding. And the good news is that they don't damage or mark the helmet and - with the application of suitable force - you can peel the tape off to remove the mount without any issue.

I have drift cameras on my older go karting helmet. That 3m tape has taken all sorts of impacts on track and not budged.

What helmet do you have?

I made a gopro mount for my Bell Bullitt and Gringo to go on the chin bar so I don't have to ruin the look of the helmet with things sticking out. They are sturdy too. I commute 80 miles a day through motorway and central London, my teeth are still intact.

And who needs a larynx anyway, amirite?

well it's not a race as long as you get to where you're going upright you win. :lol: also i find it better to let scooters go they have a kamikaze attitude that I prefer to be as far away from me as possible