helmet/intercom combo.

Evening all, Just ordered a new 1290 Superduke R and thought id treat myself to some new kit. Looking at getting a new lid and thought id try out an intercom (mainly for the missus riding pillion) and not sure what would be the best combo. Comfort and reduced wind noise are a must.

Would would you recommend?

I currently have a shark S900 which is comfortable but a bit noisy and an AGV K3 which is better on noise but not very comfortable on the longer rides

I currently have a Shoei Neotec which I find great for longer rides and it's nice and easy to fit an intercom to.

Regarding intercoms, I have used wired (both Autocom and Starcom1) and now Bluetooth (Scala). The wired intercom has the benefits of better quality and no charging required but the BT solution is less hassle and is usually cheaper - especially if you want to go bike-to-bike. You probably need to decide which intercom you plan to go with before you choose your helmet as it's not always easy to fit the kit. For example, you can't fit a BT kit onto a helmet where the slider for an integral sun visor is low down on the left hand side. And Schuberth helmets seem intentionally designed so you can't use anything other than their (damned expensive) BT solution without cutting into stuff.

I haz bt interphone 1200 they are about 40 quid each so if you want something just to see if you'll use it go for that. I've had mine a year or so does what i want. if you want fancy stuff then scala or sena are good but expensive :lol:

we used to have a BT one but we struggled to hear each other over 50mph,

then we had another lad join us, and we wanted a headset that all 3 of us could chat at the same time. This headset works for us, well over 70mph

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00PLHEGKM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Uclear HBC 200 Force, works well medium price, I like you can buy extra speakers for your other lids but only have to connect up the communicator pod & keep the costs down that way.