Sena 20S Evo

We have had a set of Scala G4s for about five years now and they are getting a bit temperamental mine intermittently works on one speaker and Melanies battery doesn't always know when it's fully charged.

So I have ordered a pair of Sens 20S Evo from Sportsbikeshop. They run a price match policy and I found a company selling them for £346, Sportsbikeshop price £399.

I sent them the details for a price match and they came back to me telling me that the company was based in the Netherlands despite having a contact address in Poole Dorset and they only match UK sites. However they did give me a discount code reducing the price to £360. As I prefer to deal with UK based companies where possible, I used the code and am awaiting the arrival of the new units.

I will report back when I have had time to assess their performance.

Reading the specification this appears to be a top notch system. Look forward to the review.

We currently have the Scala Q2 pro, not as good as it once was. I was thinking of going back to the Starcom system; however this may have changed my mind. :D

I'd be keen to hear how this system is too please.

My mate and I bought a dual pack of Cardo Scala Q3 and while the comms are OK, they're clunky and don't always connect when they should etc.

No major grievances but just not as good as I'd hoped.

----

2008 Bandit 1250

The Sena 20S Evo units turned up today, very good service from Sportsbikeshop.

This is what they looked like in the box.

http://preview.ibb.co/bPNkOk/20170925_123011.jpg

They came with lots of, foams, Velcro pads and leads. There are lots of fitting and adjustment options.

http://preview.ibb.co/cu2Kik/20170925_123123.jpg

So far I have only tried them in the house. The sound quality is better that the Scala G4s and the volume is louder by a fair bit.

As with all new gadgets it will take a while to get used to all of the functions, but I have the phone, sat nav and intercom working, which is all I need for now.

I will report further when I have something to report.

I would like to try the range and will have to figure out how to do that, it might mean getting Melanie to wear her helmet in the car. :P :shock:

I use the 20s and it's brilliant. Pairing up to 3 people is ok 2 is perfect but more than that what a nightmare. Sound quality though is great. Too many features to use if I'm honest and would take an age to learn everything for me. Guys at sportsbikeshop are good eggs, I'm in there a load as they on my doorstep and put custom first always. Enjoy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I had a chance to do a partial test today. I met up with my mate John for a coffee and for the first time ever with a headset I had to turn the volume down a bit, the sound is crisp and clear. I tried the FM radio and the sound was good and had plenty of volume. I had to read the manual when I got home to find out how to change stations, I think I've got it now :-\

So far I like it, I'm still on a learning curve though.

I have found a video from Bryan Glynn, an FJR owner in the States who did some distance testing on the 20S.

">

The Evo might possibly be a bit better, but I would be happy with that sort of distance between units.

No need to employ Melanie as a tester :D