Nuviz hud

Any one got one, tried one, seen one working?

I need a camera and a sauna, edit. No I don't need a sauna, I need a sat nav, so by the time they are both bought I can nearly justify the jump to this. I decided the sauna on the bike would be daft.

I like the idea of an easy visible speed display and speed warnings, the phone and other stuff may be useful but not overly fussed.

It seems to get good reviews and the only other thing on the horizon is the augmented reality lid which is taking pre orders but is going to cost way more.

Down side seems to be a little slow to boot up and video quality is not supposed to be as good as go pro.

Edited by Bender

Has it more replies than this one :D, come next month I think I'm having one regardless, was a bit concerned bout it not fitting my lid but they say they supply extra adhesive and 50%contact will be fine, if that's still an issue they will take it back under 30 days.

It's not going to be perfect as nothing new ever is but as a first go it looks good enough to take a punt.

On sports bikes with the rider leaned over, the rider is looking through the top section of the visor, but this HUD seems to be mounted at the bottom of the visor, so would overlay the riders view if the bikes instruments..

To be useful on a sports bike it needs to be at the top of the visor IMO.

I see what your getting at but I don't think it's aimed at enthusiastic blasting through corners, your as unlikely to look at your clocks mid corner as you are the hud.

But conversely if you're not blasting along you should have time to look at your clocks and sat-nav so no need for a HUD!

Yes but in map mode your clocks are not going to tell you there is a hairpin round the next bend or that you just went over a speed limit, well not without looking at the clocks lol

I am aware that it may seem a little gimmicky but I don't think I have come across a bad review for it yet.