Leather dye?

hello, I've got myself a black leather suit by Ashman. Real cowhide and whatnot, but it's a bit tatty around the edges albeit being generally in good condition.

I want to dye it back to like-new condition.

What kit do I need to buy?

No response yet. :)

Just found a Kiwi shoe wax (nutrient?). I know leather finish is different between shoes, furniture, and clothing, the latter being the most sophisticated perhaps.

Do you think the Kiwi shoe wax is a good idea for use on a jacket? Or just keep it aside for shoes?

Still looking for recommendations for a dye kit to use at home, preferably a small one-use kit.

Cheers

I do a bit of leatherwork now and then and use fiebings professional oil based dyes. Not cheap though and this is on natural veg tan leather. Don't know if the leather you have is treated in any way that may affect dyeing.

No response yet. :)

Just found a Kiwi shoe wax (nutrient?). I know leather finish is different between shoes, furniture, and clothing, the latter being the most sophisticated perhaps.

Do you think the Kiwi shoe wax is a good idea for use on a jacket? Or just keep it aside for shoes?

Still looking for recommendations for a dye kit to use at home, preferably a small one-use kit.

Cheers

I use and have used a wax based shoe polish on leathers that needs a bit of colour restoration all the time and have done so for over 30 years.

I have red shoe polish, black, white as well as a neutral.

Never caused an issue to my leathers. :thumb:

The main problem with finding products on eBay is that all I found claims to be for furniture. Of course, ANYTHING works on furniture, but clothing required a different chemical set to preserve its original shine and structure. :( And I don't know what other keywords or brands to look for other than the generic "leather repair kit" or "leather colourant repair kit" etc.