summer water proof gloves??

they all say water proof but so far I have yet to find one that truly is.

shower proof yes but.

my current one(leather/carbon) clearly isn't ,when I bought it stated 100% waterproof..bollocks.

so what gloves have you kind chaps have found to be water proof.

currently looking at water proof over mitts etc but rathey buy a proper glove that is.

Dane Tyril

Did you have a full jug in the topbox :shock: or an empty 1 you filled at the shop :lol:

Empty jug in top box and get them to fill it at the shop, they said "oh I don't think we have a bucket" to which I replied "no worries I just happen to have a jug in my top box" :D :D

• 2 months later...

Been looking for waterproof summer gloves, tried Knox covert, great level of protection but not a good fit for me and felt too much like they have a lining so exchanged for the Dane Tyril. Seem ok, fit on fingers is good, [mention]raesewell[/mention] did you find them a bit stiff and if so do they soften up? They feel tight across the inside of the fingers when I close my hand as if to grip the throttle.

I don't bother with them. In summer, I use lightweight gloves that let the water in. When my hands get cold, the heated grips go on, and when it stops raining, the gloves dry out quickly enough.

Been looking for waterproof summer gloves, tried Knox covert, great level of protection but not a good fit for me and felt too much like they have a lining so exchanged for the Dane Tyril. Seem ok, fit on fingers is good, @raesewell did you find them a bit stiff and if so do they soften up? They feel tight across the inside of the fingers when I close my hand as if to grip the throttle.

They do soften up and when they do they will fit like a glove :D

Been looking for waterproof summer gloves, tried Knox covert, great level of protection but not a good fit for me and felt too much like they have a lining so exchanged for the Dane Tyril. Seem ok, fit on fingers is good, @raesewell did you find them a bit stiff and if so do they soften up? They feel tight across the inside of the fingers when I close my hand as if to grip the throttle.

They do soften up and when they do they will fit like a glove :D

Cheers, will give them some time then. No room in the house for expensive uncomfortable gloves

I don't bother with them. In summer, I use lightweight gloves that let the water in. When my hands get cold, the heated grips go on, and when it stops raining, the gloves dry out quickly enough.

I do the same except if it's a long day I carry my waterproof winter gloves so if rain gets that bad I can change. Let's face it if it fits from nice to horrible and your getting cold your not going to argue with warm hands....

I must admit, if it for summer riding, as in proper summer riding, so what if your gloves and hands get wet?

If I am touring in the summer and have been caught out with bad rain, my light Oxford vented gloves get wet and then within 30 minutes of riding in the dry, they are dry again. Once, when it was bucketing down, I got some food preparation gloves from a Mcdonalds and wore them underneath the gloves as they were sticking to my hands. But it was summer, it was not cold!

Whenever I wear plastic, nitrile or latex gloves my hands sweat so much it's like I've had them in a bucket of water so not an option for me.

I have worn the Dane Tyril gloves in 30 degree C weather and because they are breathable, very little sweat.