Motorcycle live and newbie gear advice please?

Hi All,

As a newbie biker, I'm looking to get all the gear prior to doing my DAS. Anyone have experience of motorcycle live at the NEC? Good place to get kitted out? Or will it be mostly the latest premium stuff, obviously at a premium price? Seeing all those great bikes though will probably make me even more impatient for getting one!

First time buying basically everything. Been to J and S to get an idea of sizes and prices. So far only been to them and looked online at Streetbike in Halesowen. I know there is loads of online retailers but would rather go instore and try on. Would like to buy decent gear that will last in all weathers. So probably start with textile. Any advice much appreciated in terms of good starting point or what to avoid. Thanks guys.

I have found the "good deals" are long gone at the show! It's not what it used to be.

Mostly you can buy the same thing online for the same price!

Its not all about the latest gear at the show they have a wide range to choose from!

Don't be afraid to ask for discount if they can do it then they will.

The big advantage of the show over buying on line is actually being able see to see & try the items you want to buy.

For helmets it is essential to try them on to ensure a good fit.

For all clothing its a good idea.

I bought jacket and trousers at Live 2 years ago, I needed 2 sizes larger then I though I would need!

The Manchester motorcycle show was good last year, I got a current model Shark helmet for £160, cheapest on Ebay was £210