New boots - ankle pain

Just bought a pair of RST adventure boots and when I walk in them they seem to pinch my ankles around the area where the bottom clasp is.

Has anyone had this problem with boots before and if so is it rectified by wearing them in or is there another solution?

Really love the boots but if I can't fix the issue then I'll have to return them and look for another pair.

Looking forward to any insight anyone can offer.

My experience is that new boots can be uncomfortable until you've worn them in. To be honest the most uncomfortable ones I had from new turned into the pair that I was most comfortable in once I'd worn them in. Which makes buying new boots a bit interesting.

What size did you get? Some people reckon that you need the next size up in this boot to obtain a comfy fit......which is what people appear to be getting out of the box? Can you take 'em back and swap them or at least try a bigger pair? I've got this issue with Sidi - some people say they fit normal size OK but I need next 1/2 size up.

wear them round the house for a bit see if they break in?

Yeah......Probably the way to go - only problem is if you do that then you'll put wear on the boots so won't be able to take 'em back. Has OP tried a second pair of thin socks - might take the pressure off the bit that's hurting...?

Im a 7.5 so I went for an 8 and they fit well with the exception of the pinching when I walk, when I'm standing still they feel perfect

Those boots are telling you, you need to ride

I am sending them back this weekend and have ordered a pair of Richa Tracer Evo boots instead to see how these fit which will be delivered tomorrow. Sportsbikeshop were very helpful

Didn't realise you'd bought them online - I can't bring myself to buy riding kit online, I have to try it on.

I don't mind ordering online from J&S because I have one fairly close to where I live so if something isn't right I can take it back to switch it out. This is my first time ordering from sportsbikeshop and it is a bit of a pain in the backside

You live and learn! don't think ill be making the mistake again if these new boots don't fit either :)

Didn't realise you'd bought them online - I can't bring myself to buy riding kit online, I have to try it on.

:stupid:

I always try on either at a shop or at one of the bike shows.

Two pairs of boots now sent back and decided to not be lazy and go try on a few pairs at J&S, we have a winner with BKS Evolution Pro boots, perfect fit and very comfortable, would recommend if anyone is looking for a new pair! :D