Time for new tyres: Bridgstone t31 Vs Michelin Road 5

Hello,

In 2 years I had 2 front and 3 rears.. for-not-that-many-miles, thus I know as a fact that sport type tyres are not economic on a heavy bike such as the VFR1200.

Rear is 1mm legal, so I am thinking this time to switch to something bit more adapted and my 2 contenders are the new T31 and new Road 5. Both seems really good investments, and I am thinking to go for Michelin Road 5, but the final reason is rather subjective: I like the pattern 8-) . I also like the feeling of Michelin tyres on the road (very hard to explain). However I have Bridgestone on the cbf 600 and know how good their tyres are.

What do you think? what would you choose

pit

For a bike as heavy as your Honda for me you've got to go for a dual compound sports touring tyre. these offer better wet grip as well as giving you decent mileage. I'm more than happy with the Pirelli Angel's on the Busa. I will always go for a full treaded tyre for road use as these tyres are made for the real world of sports touring. Forget about the super sticky tyres for road use unless your a dry road Sunday morning scratcher.

Link here that might be of use:

http://www.motorcycle.com/buyers-guides/sport-touring-tire-buyers-guide.html

I went check a bit on VFR1200 forums. Pilot Road tyres seems to be popular, even non GT versions have a good mileage they say.

Feels like I will go for the road 5 in the end :) . I will tour early May, can test them out :D .. and let you know.

Pit

I went check a bit on VFR1200 forums. Pilot Road tyres seems to be popular, even non GT versions have a good mileage they say.

Feels like I will go for the road 5 in the end :) . I will tour early May, can test them out :D .. and let you know.

Pit

If you get the PR5, can you bung up a review on them when you get a mo. I'd interested to hear what you think.

Bloody hell, hope they last awhile at that cost, last set on my VFR800, Avon storm 2, 8500 rear 12000 front, always two up with luggage, and just fitted new 3D at £135 pair. Be interested to compare how long they last at that cost.