Shoei Qwest issues

Hi everyone, my first proper post, and as expected it is asking for advice - sorry.

I have a massive head, and helmet shopping is always a bit depressing. I have a limited choice of manafacturers, and normally have a choice of ether black or white helmets. No fancy MotoGP replicas for me.

I have only ever had Shoeis When I first started riding, I went to 5 shops just to find a helmet that fit, and that was the Shoei XR800, I then had a XR1000, I took time away from bikes, then came back and now have a Qwest. I liked it at first, but now find it is annoying me.

1) I find it really noisy. I cant recall the XR1000 being that bad. I wear ear plugs.

2) the pin lock moves around such that when I breathe, air gets in the bottom and doesn't disappear. I find the visor difficult to shut and when you open it, the pin lock gets moved about a bit.

I guess I am asking if anyone else has had trouble with the shoei, and have a way to solve any of the issues (mainly the pin lock one) I don't have the money to buy a new helmet currently.

Cheers

TitanBax

Hi TB.

I've had a few niggles with the visor on my Shoei too. When I got it the visor wouldn't quite close right so I got a whistle at speed. If you lift the visor you can slacken the hinge screws and move them a bit to make it fit better.

It takes a bit of trial and error to get it right but is doable if you've got the patience. Same thing with the pinlock - just keep adjusting it until you can see the seal is touching the visor all the way round.

For the wind noise coming underneath, did the Qwest have a neck guard thing? It looks like a tiny bib - they can help.

:stupid:

The pinlock pins are eccentric and by turning them you can put more pressure against the visor and so create a strong seal. You can test this with a piece of paper. If you can push it past the edge seal it needs more pressure. It can take a bit of patience to get it right. Pinlock do an additional 3 part pin which gives more adjustment if necessary.