Recommend me some gear!

Passed my CBT yesterday and it just confirmed how much I really want a bike!

I’m currently trying to book myself in for a 4 day course to get my DAS 2.

So I’m looking to buy some protective gear, I’ve already got a helmet (Shoei GT air) and some alpine globes but need some boots, trousers and jacket - or 1 peice?

I think I’m better off getting a jacket/ trousers separately as I’m quite a odd/big shape so can’t imagine a 1 peice leather suit would fit me very well

I digress, can anyone recommend me some good protective clothing - leather I thinks best as I only plan on riding in nice and dry conditions.

Budget wise, it is what it is, it’s like boots, trousers and jacket for 5-600 but I’m open to spending more if it’s safer/better.

Look on www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk

Look at the RST gear. The gear is very good value for money. I would definately look at a 2 piecesuit. It's just more practical when out on the public roads. You'll get a few pockets in the jacket to hold keys, money, phone, fags (if you smoke). A 1 piece might have 1 inside pocket if you're lucky.

Sportsbikeshop do a no hassle free returns service, so you don't have to worry if something doesn't fit, just send it back for another size. Turn around is not bad either

You'll be able to get kitted out in RST gear for a bit less than £600 I reckon.

Have a look on eBay for secondhand leathers....quite often find decent gear getting sold at this time of year because guys get their bikes out as the weather improves and then find that the leathers they bought last year no longer fit!.... :wink:

Get a 2 piece - 1 piece is only necessary for the track. sportsbikeshop is good, but my local dealer (p&h in Crawley) was actually cheaper than online and they gave me good tips like 'it should be so tight you can barely breathe'. Leather stretches so it really does need to be tight - baggy leathers look crap. You gotta try it on. Also on sportsbikeshop there are only a few in the '2 piece suit' section - in reality most matched brand leather trousers and jackets will zip together at the back to make a perfect 2 piece - that's what I have. But you don't always know unless you try. Also maybe consider a back protector - lots of jackets have a pocket for it, but it may not be included.

Also on sportsbikeshop there are only a few in the '2 piece suit' section

I have to disagree with you there geofferz.

I could spend all day trawling through that lot [emoji23]

[attachment=1]A2F48EF2-DD18-4662-96D4-85B9622D06AE.jpeg[/attachment]

Fair play - I have dainese gear so had filtered by that! Only 1.