Goldtop leather clothing....

Guest Speedy23

Anybody seen their new stuff? Goldtop was one of the big brands in the sixties, easily up there with Lewis Leathers etc. Really good gear - I used to love their boots and gloves, especially the very thin racing gloves. Went bust in the 1980s. FF to 2016 and the brand was reborn, a guy called Kasey Cullen bought the name and logo. He then spent loads of time & money chasing down old Goldtop gear to use as patterns. And NO, this isn't an advert......

As some of you will have gathered by now, I like quite a lot of the old-style gear and I was looking for a new leather jacket for the summer. Just doing a search on the Web pulled up the Goldtop site, which, knowing the brand from the old days, naturally prompted me to have a look (I'm sure you all know how Google works by now..)

Anyway, long story short, ended up buying the Patrol jacket. Bloody hell, is it good. Fits like a glove, fantastic quilted lining.... quality aniline leather. Can't praise it enough. I was so impressed, decided to buy a pair of the 2-strap cafe racer gloves to go with it. Problem is, my hands are different sizes (L 8.5, R 9) and couldn't decide whether to go for medium or large.

Couple of emails later, Kasey invited me to visit the office so I could try a couple of pairs on. Absolutely spot on. These gloves are equally as good as anything I bought in the 1970s and fit really well. Kasey is a top bloke and rides a 1977 Silver Jubilee Bonnie - so one of us. Really enthusiastic about his product and the brand - I would have no problem recommending Goldtop to anybody.

As I said, no connections with KC or Goldtop other than as a very satisfied customer. I would always spend my money with someone who goes the extra mile to help, and this was certainly the case today.

And it was a good ride, weather was brilliant, North Circular not so great, though. A good day out, ended up doing 250-ish miles......

Are those cafe racer style casual jackets any good in a crash?

Would think they would be as good as a lot of things. Good quality leather, well stitched, the new goldtop ones come with d30 armour as well. I wouldn't volunteer to test it out though

They look really good. I especially like the detail they've gone to - for example, the dangly ball things on the pocket zips - exactly the same as they used to have.

I had one as my first jacket. I picked it up from a second hand shop for £30 and it lasted years.

Memories, memories, etc.

They look really good. I especially like the detail they've gone to - for example, the dangly ball things on the pocket zips - exactly the same as they used to have.

I had one as my first jacket. I picked it up from a second hand shop for £30 and it lasted years.

Memories, memories, etc.

....when I was talking to Kasey, he told me that they have to get the "dangly ball thing" (I know exactly what you mean!) zip pulls made specially because they are no longer commercially available from the mainstream suppliers. At the premises there is a workshop where Kasey hand-finishes the garments. So, the extra mile once again! They are at Stafford this weekend, so if you're going, have a look. Worth it just for a chat with them - as I said before, enthusiastic about what they are doing. I think they deserve to be encouraged.

FWIW, I would trust the hide palms on my gloves to protect me in a spill - that's why I bought them. True, they don't look like something that's escaped from a transformers movie, but that is exactly what they are about. Back to the future.

We are the goon squad and we're coming to town. Beep Beep.

...snigger :D Just wait until we find someone who is making "turbovisors" again.....then the rocks will really start to roll......Ace to the Busy Bee, anyone?

Turbo-1.thumb.jpg.0da3eca097e2c46d736c7071c4c34c5f.jpg

Turbo-2.thumb.jpg.725062e1a97e6620c27ebb6cb8182b83.jpg

...and for the benefit of the younger generation.....39/6 = £1.97 1/2p.