New garage locks

Just received some new locks for my garage from Brindley chains the forum sponsor

I got 3 of these https://www.brindleychains.co.uk/collections/mul-t-lock-high-security-padlocks/products/mul-t-lock-ne14l-grade-6-14mm

They are the same as the ones used on the chain and lock combinations

They are firgging huge :shock:

I got the for the garage main door and side door but can't use them :shock: they are too big :lol: I will need to buy some more hasp and staples or make something!

current lock is on the right and is a decent size already!

IMG_20180501_160335.jpg

The most vulnerable part is the hasp. so try to make as little as possible exposed enough that a portable angle grinder can get at it.

The best way to do it is to have a thick box made out of 8 or 10mm steel and have the lock inaccessible under it, the lock where you slide the pin out are great, as its on a door its easy to make and it will offer more protection at a fraction of the cost, I could be through those locks way quicker than i could be through a one for 20quid that's properly covered.

The most vulnerable part is the hasp. so try to make as little as possible exposed enough that a portable angle grinder can get at it.

The best way to do it is to have a thick box made out of 8 or 10mm steel and have the lock inaccessible under it, the lock where you slide the pin out are great, as its on a door its easy to make and it will offer more protection at a fraction of the cost, I could be through those locks way quicker than i could be through a one for 20quid that's properly covered.

but with the extra weight of a box and the size I would probably struggle to open the garage door and it would probably close itself again :lol: hence the beefy locks

The beefy looking lock will put off an opportunist who isnt equipped.. but according to the test the makers cite.. the hasp lasted 21 seconds when attacked with an angle grinder.

Resistance to attack: padlock

The lock is very tough, only deforming and showing minor cracks when attacked with a sledge hammer on an anvil. We were able to cut the 13.8mm-thick shackle in 21 seconds with an angle grinder.

1036032253_Results_PewagVKK14x52_04.thumb.jpg.5affa56817db5c9b1d1ef891f9c0ed3a.jpg

full test - http://tinyurl.com/ycb8wf7e

They will need to do 7 cuts so they best bring spare batteries and also move a car!

I suspect by that time all my nosy neighbours will be out asking questions

Isnt it weird how neighbours will complain about your dog so much as farting yet would sleep through an angle grinder chopping locks off lol