TRacker and alarm in one?

Hi..

Just wondering if anyone can suggest a good all in one tracker and alarm of do these things usually come in 2?

I was looking at the TK range on ebay, heard good reviews, but I want an alarm and tracker..

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Buy them separately,

That gives them Two things to disable instead of just One, and a Tracker is easy to hide

Do you know if trackers and alarm can still work off the battery even if the main loom is cut. Providing they are connected to the battery side?

I have a very nice battery box and storage area which is housed away in a neat place and locked, no getting in there at all. If i wack it all in there would the tracker and alarm still work if the main loom was cut ot tampered with?

Do you know if trackers and alarm can still work off the battery even if the main loom is cut. Providing they are connected to the battery side?

In theory they should work, however There will be No guarantee

Have a look here https://www.rewiresecurity.co.uk/gps-tracker-car-tracking-devices

I have the 303.its very small ...a little bigger than a Tick-Tack box and houses battery backup, costs me £5 a month with a GiffGaff Sim card

They arnt supposed to work in a garage either but mine does,

Some GPS devices do work in metal boxes as they are designed to work if a thief puts the vehicle in a shed with a jammer, they will cost more, but so does replacing your bike

You could ask rewire themselves.their customer service is Outstanding and they will help you honestly and very quickly, they wont push you to buy (unlike some companies) if its not going to work for your circumstances they wont suggest it

They may steer you to a different model ....maybe even a different companies model

Some GPS devices do work in metal boxes as they are designed to work if a thief puts the vehicle in a shed with a jammer

I would like to see an example of one of these devices. links?

Some GPS devices do work in metal boxes as they are designed to work if a thief puts the vehicle in a shed with a jammer

Theres a site you can use, its called Google

Theres a site you can use, its called Google

I tried.. and failed. the consensus on google is that its scientifically impossible for the GPS signal from the satellites to penetrate metal.. even foil will stop it. The only way it can possibly work is if the signal is reflected from a nearby surface.. ie, the ground or by passing through non metallic surfaces. like glass. (car windows) Or brickwork.. roof tiles and windows. in my house.

I really wanted to prove these things were an option..but I cant ...(not in 10 minutes I cant)....I cant find any that do either now :x

When I was researching Trackers last year there were a few options £300-500 that claimed to tunnel through gps blockers frequencies (like using Linux tuneling protocol to walk through a Firewall)

Im sure I can find residual web pages that prove these manufacturer claims existed ...but I cant be arsed wasting 3 hours to prove these site pages once existed :(

Glad I didnt buy one back then now

I've played about with a few GPS trackers. The good ones use GSM and GPS positioning so as long as they can receive a mobile signal they can triangulate a position from mobile phone masts. Combined with the last position from the GPS and you can get a reasonable location fix.

When in the garages, mine is set to movement sensor mode. So if my bike is moved it calls me or texts me. If someone takes it out of the garage it will continue to send it's position.

TLT2h - from eBay. :cheers:

I've played about with a few GPS trackers. The good ones use GSM and GPS positioning so as long as they can receive a mobile signal they can triangulate a position from mobile phone masts. Combined with the last position from the GPS and you can get a reasonable location fix.

When in the garages, mine is set to movement sensor mode. So if my bike is moved it calls me or texts me. If someone takes it out of the garage it will continue to send it's position.

I can not for the life of me find this simple info... do most trackers have their own battery supply, as in hold a charge if the loom is cut say??

Also, are there any truly free services, most seem to state there is a monthly charge, even the cheaper ones in ebay.. ??

I can not for the life of me find this simple info... do most trackers have their own battery supply, as in hold a charge if the loom is cut say??

Also, are there any truly free services, most seem to state there is a monthly charge, even the cheaper ones in ebay.. ??

Here we see the insides of a TLT2F GPS tracker. The blue thing is a battery that lets it's keep sending location after the power is cut.

Like most it will need a mobile simcard card which on Giffgaff networks costs about 5quid per month.

IMG_20141123_210617.thumb.jpg.9593da2a192207b4ed9d9696cffc721c.jpg

Anyone heard of this company?

Way over my budget but pretty cool how you don't need to connect it to a mains battery..

https://monimoto.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwMWV85vz2wIVLbHtCh1peACyEAQYASABEgLLCPD_BwE

Just ordered one of these I'll report back in the tried & tested section, intend to try it on both the bike & a caravan

• 2 weeks later...

Way over my budget but pretty cool how you don't need to connect it to a mains battery..

https://monimoto.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwMWV85vz2wIVLbHtCh1peACyEAQYASABEgLLCPD_BwE

Just ordered one of these I'll report back in the tried & tested section, intend to try it on both the bike & a caravan

Just a little stumped by this..

"In general, any kind of motion or vibration drains the Key battery. While riding a motorcycle, the lowest energy consumption is observed when the Key is next to Monimoto. While the motorcycle is parked the lowest energy consumption is observed when the Key is outside of the range of the Monimoto. This suggests that carrying the Key with you at all times is not efficient, and that is true. However, we do not recommend leaving the Key next to your motorcycle either as that will leave the motorcycle unprotected."

So best way to preserve battery is to leave the key near the tracker so it is in sleep mode?

Just a little stumped by this..

"In general, any kind of motion or vibration drains the Key battery. While riding a motorcycle, the lowest energy consumption is observed when the Key is next to Monimoto. While the motorcycle is parked the lowest energy consumption is observed when the Key is outside of the range of the Monimoto. This suggests that carrying the Key with you at all times is not efficient, and that is true. However, we do not recommend leaving the Key next to your motorcycle either as that will leave the motorcycle unprotected."

So best way to preserve battery is to leave the key near the tracker so it is in sleep mode?

Initially the sensitivity of this device is astounding, I left it parked up, my father in law coincidentally began cutting some steel with a loud circular saw about 6 feet from my bike & it sent me an "ALARM ! NO MOTION gps coordinates available" I've turned down the sensitivity & its stopped doing this now. I haven't had time to fully test it to do a write up yet. I guess I'll find out how long the battery lasts at some point.

My Gps texted me this morning because the postman brushed past my bike ...he hardly touched it But he did touch it

I Confirmed the time with CCTV

Mine is only £70

How does yours arm / disarm ? Taa