Safe and insurance friendly storage without garage.

Hi all.

Total newbie still here. I am heading towards my CBT and potential first bike, but as I'm firing through a couple of insurance quotes I've found I literally save ££££'s if the bike is in a garage. Unfortunately I do not have one. :cry:

Does anyone have any advice for storage that satisfies insurers? I have a large driveway and fenced off rear garden with a large enough wooden shed for potential storage.

Many thanks,

A Scotsman. :wink:

Clear out the shed and keep it in there.

Or find a garage for rent in your local area that someone doesn't use. Can probably be had for about £40 a month unless your in a major city. I'd probably feel better with it in the shed though.

A shed doesn't count as a garage in the eyes of an insurance company. I think they define it as a permanent structure made out of concrete or bricks (or something) . But do run some quotes and add what it says.

A shed doesn't count as a garage in the eyes of an insurance company. I think they define it as a permanent structure made out of concrete or bricks (or something) . But do run some quotes and add what it says.

My purpose built metal shed is counted as a garage for insurance purposes.

Unfortunately they don’t make them any more.

You can find others on the web, just make sure it’s not the sort that can be opened with a tin opener.