Tracking Device

Well that’s where your protection will come from.

It takes an hour minimum to anglegrind your way into a shipping container and there’s so many of them a thief has to know exactly what they want, which container it’s in and risk standing there with an angle grinder for a very long time.

A bike thief just wouldn’t risk it, being fast is what stops them getting caught and they’ll get a much better haul on the road.

My friend owns a shipping container storage site with 100s of containers and in 10+ years they’ve had one theft. That container had a very large quantity of drugs stored in it so was obviously deemed worth the risk. Caught them mind you because the people’s who’s drugs they were turned up to collect their bounty and the police took them down the station, they were so angry about being robbed they inadvertently whilst raging handed over the details of the thieves!

So I reckon you’re beauty’s safe!

Well that’s where your protection will come from.

It takes an hour minimum to anglegrind your way into a shipping container and there’s so many of them a thief has to know exactly what they want, which container it’s in and risk standing there with an angle grinder for a very long time.

A bike thief just wouldn’t risk it, being fast is what stops them getting caught and they’ll get a much better haul on the road.

My friend owns a shipping container storage site with 100s of containers and in 10+ years they’ve had one theft. That container had a very large quantity of drugs stored in it so was obviously deemed worth the risk. Caught them mind you because the people’s who’s drugs they were turned up to collect their bounty and the police took them down the station, they were so angry about being robbed they inadvertently whilst raging handed over the details of the thieves!

So I reckon you’re beauty’s safe!

Whilst your right about there being 100s of others it makes it unlikely yours will get broken into, I disagree about the hour to get into it.

We used them on our site in Cambridge. Got broken into 3 tines and they was in and out within 4 mins first time.

We then added additional security, got 2no heavy heavy duty padlocks and I welded a box over the to prevent a battery grinder - so instead they cut the doors hinges and locking handles.

We refitted the door, I welded Hines internally so they’re no longer exposed, plus the additional 6mm plate boxes over the 2no padlocks we also then wrapped a 13mm chain around the doors to each other.

Final time they just cut a 600x600 hole in the top of it!!

If someone wants to get in, you can only slow them down. Or hopefully detour them by making it look too much hassle.

3rd time when they cut the roof they didn’t even take anything?! I think they was just f**king with us by this point.

Of course the CCTV we had on them (which was hidden) always seemed to fail at the time of break in?! - site scumbags it’s always a inside job. About 10k of copper taken and probably another 10k on tools

Shipping containers have varying degrees of security but all of it can be overcome, most rely on a secure center lock which is covered by 6mm plate, people get lazy with those and don't put locks on the cam locking arms, not that they last long if they doo, easiest way in then is cut through the hinges and pry the door from one side, just depends on how much noise you can get away with making, I have opened up several for a company legally I might add

Well it depends on the container and yes it possible to overcome anything- man made can be man broken but it you use them properly it doesn't take 6 mins, definitely took the thieves who took stole the drugs over an hour because we watched the CCTV footage with a glass of prosecco!

As my bike is stored in a shipping container in a secure yard some 3 miles away, I'm still struggling with paranoia:)

I found this on the web & I wondered if anyone has one, if so what's your thoughts?

https://www.rewiresecurity.co.uk/db1-lite-compact-gps-tracker-tracking-device

Those are a few quid cheaper on ebay by the way.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GPS-TRACKER-REWIRE-SECURITY-DB1-LITE-VEHICLE-CAR-VAN-TRACKING-DEVICE-SYSTEM/231136139882?epid=928908706&hash=item35d0c99a6a:g:vk0AAOSwOZtbTPwo

I can't find the TLT2 that Joeman mentions.

How much do these cost to run annually? I looked into one a while back but the subscription cost put me off.

Seems the TLT2 isn't on eBay anymore. Shame as they are good devices..

There are quite a few more to chose from now though so maybe time I bought some more to play with.

Running costs are cheap, just put a £5 Giffgaff simcard in there.

The one i link too mentioned TLT2 in its description, maybe it was rebranded due to its success?

From what I read £20 can last a year, depending on how many updates.

Mine arrives today but the SIM most probably tomorrow, so ill hook it up & feedback.

X3 led lights on signal gprs & power, with tesco £10 loaded credit - doesn't work

I read somewhere in various reviews that some of them are fussy about which SIM card you use. Giff Gaff is one that was mentioned as working when others didn't.

If that's your home details in the attachment I'd delete it.

X3 led lights on signal gprs & power, with tesco £10 loaded credit - doesn't work

I read somewhere in various reviews that some of them are fussy about which SIM card you use. Giff Gaff is one that was mentioned as working when others didn't.

If that's your home details in the attachment I'd delete it.

Some only accept 2G simcards whereas most simcards these days are 3G or 4G..