Beeline navigation

I guess they've released some for field testing. It looks interesting but I couldn't see a price on my phone.

Beeline might not be the best name though. My bees have a beeline flight path back to the hives and once they're zoned in they lose the ability to avoid anything which moves into their path. So if you walk into their flight path they crash into you.

I guess they've released some for field testing. It looks interesting but I couldn't see a price on my phone.

Beeline might not be the best name though. My bees have a beeline flight path back to the hives and once they're zoned in they lose the ability to avoid anything which moves into their path. So if you walk into their flight path they crash into you.

£110 if you pay up front. Think I'll wait for some customer reviews.

I thought this when I saw it mentioned on the other thread... So I will ask it here. I wonder how that would work at a complicated junction. Like when you have exits very close to each other. The examples on the webpage are very simple. Left, right, straight on. To be honest it looks on the face of it to be better suited to bicycle navigation than the often very complex junctions we have to navigate here at speed, with other traffic to worry about. Standard gps not only directs you at junctions.. It also prepares you in advance so you are in the right lane, which is often - vital. This doesn't seem to have anything like that.

I note it says that once you've set up your route....so I suspect you have to plan your route before you set off, it doesn't seem to work like a normal sat nav allowing you to go from wherever you are. I have a Garmin for by pedal bike which allows routes to be planned, even when you're out and about, but to honest it's a bit of pain to do as it's very fiddly and doesn't always register where you really want to go. Last week it took me on a 5 miles detour to get to a point 200 yards from where I'd set off.

It’s not detailed enough for the directionally challlenged like me. I wouldn’t fancy my chances of picking the right exit at a roundabout. Sometimes if you don’t know the roundabout (which is when you tend to be using it) even a detailed sat nav can be tiresome.

I’d like it to work though, it’s pretty neat looking.

The blurb says you do not need a PC connection, BUT you need to set up the route before hand on your smartphone then down load to the BeeLine.

To be honest I often set the route directly onto my SatNav without using a PC.

This is my favourite part. Nothing like keeping your eyes on the road........

To be honest I don’t know anything about how it works, or if there’s audio etc. It just makes me chuckle when he takes a long look down at the device and I picture him running into the back of something just after it cuts away!

1609_C7_DF_D53_C_4_E05_9_F50_1_BD3_B7050_E60.png

This is my favourite part. Nothing like keeping your eyes on the road........

To be honest I don’t know anything about how it works, or if there’s audio etc. It just makes me chuckle when he takes a long look down at the device and I picture him running into the back of something just after it cuts away!

1609_C7_DF_D53_C_4_E05_9_F50_1_BD3_B7050_E60.png

I liked that on the home page, they have a picture of a BMW GS, with what looks suspiciously like a standard rectagonal sat nav in its usual place (on that model bike)

.....Yet another in a long line of solutions for problems that don't actually exist.......at least you can see if a normal sat-nav is considering something dodgy and pre-empt it......here, it's just a case of having blind faith in the button on the bars......and it doesn't talk to you, so you'very always got to be staring at it........and I like the bit about being "guided precisely" without "complex instructions".

TBH, anyone who gets confused by a sat-nav probably shoudn't be trusted with a toilet roll.....

Gimme a shout when the Next Big Thing hoves into view......'cos this ain't it, for sure.

.....Yet another in a long line of solutions for problems that don't actually exist.......at least you can see if a normal sat-nav is considering something dodgy and pre-empt it......here, it's just a case of having blind faith in the button on the bars......

You can re-check the route on your phone if you don't trust it. That's the bit I like about it, it takes you on the route that you previously put in it from your phone app.

I hate tomtom's because they've got a mind of their own and take you on some silly detours.

.....Yet another in a long line of solutions for problems that don't actually exist.......at least you can see if a normal sat-nav is considering something dodgy and pre-empt it......here, it's just a case of having blind faith in the button on the bars......

You can re-check the route on your phone if you don't trust it. That's the bit I like about it, it takes you on the route that you previously put in it from your phone app.

I hate tomtom's because they've got a mind of their own and take you on some silly detours.

See where you're coming from but if you were putting a long route into it, would you really want to check it out in detail on your phone before you set off? At least with my sat-nav in front of me I can see what the little bugger's planning "on the fly", as it were........

• 1 year later...

The special offer is now back in stock (159 quid for a case, extra charger and mug)

Ordered one :thumb:

Let me know how you get on with it please. I have some birthday dosh burning a hole in my pocket and it's either a beeline or a new screen.

Guest Richzx6r

Don't know about anyone else but for the only one I use is calimoto, its decent when free and if you want to get the premium version its 7 or 8 quid so all yous spending 100s on sat navs to my mind are wasting money which could be spent on other things

I didn't want to have my phone or a big sat nav on the handlebars. The small neat size of the beeline was what got me interested. I'll let you all know if it's any good :thumb:

Don't know about anyone else but for the only one I use is calimoto, its decent when free and if you want to get the premium version its 7 or 8 quid so all yous spending 100s on sat navs to my mind are wasting money which could be spent on other things

I wouldn't say the £450 I spent on my sat nav was a waste!

Once you have had a bike specific sat nav you won't go back

There was once a mod who said they was happy with their phone till they got a Garmin isn't that right [mention]Hoggs[/mention]

Guest Richzx6r

@Fleck Good man :thumb:

@Richzx6r you have to waste money on something, I have 4 welders are you suggesting I need another instead of a bike sat nav 😁

4 welders....want to offload one?

I wouldn't say the £450 I spent on my sat nav was a waste!

Once you have had a bike specific sat nav you won't go back

There was once a mod who said they was happy with their phone till they got a Garmin isn't that right @Hoggs

Yes there was a mod called Hoggs once 😂

@Fleck Good man :thumb:

@Richzx6r you have to waste money on something, I have 4 welders are you suggesting I need another instead of a bike sat nav 😁

4 welders....want to offload one?

Good God no, trying to give me the shakes or what, I'm getting a 32amp socket fitted outside so I can get a proper one lol