cardo packtalk help

have we got any cardo packtalk genius's on here

I bought the packtalk duo and were great till I bought the r1200 rt lc now the units don't talk to each other how do I factory re-pair them so I can keep channel 1 and 2 with rider and passenger paired via factory pairing that keeps 1 and 2 open as I believe I have to pair helmet 1 to my bmw system to rider 1 channel 1 then pair sat nav to bikes system then pair rider channel 2 to sat nav and finally pair sat nav to phone that way the phone and sat nav use the bikes system and I can hear instructions then pair passenger to bikes helmet 2 so they hear shared music.

but I can't do any of this because the duo pairing has stopped can I re pair them as factory or do I have to send them back

any help would be appreciated

regards

Pete

This sounds like something the supplier or Cardo should answer.

Communication is generally not capable of simultaneous connects however Bluetooth can allow it-

The Bluetooth device you're using must be running a stack that  supports multiple concurrent connections. Many Bluetooth stacks do support this, but there is a limit on how many devices can be connected at the same time, and the limit is usually related to the amount of memory available on the Master device.

The type of connection you're using must allow for multiple instances of that connection on a piconet. This is easiest to explain by example. You can only have a single Bluetooth audio connection for music streaming. The reason for this is that the A2DP profile for audio streaming is designed to have only a single connection active at a time. So you cannot connect your smartphone to two Bluetooth speakers at the same time. 

It is quite possible that the Cardo supports multiple connections but Bluetooth can be order sensitive in other words the order in which you pair devices can affect the pairing.

Try connecting them in a different order. And if that fails ask Cardo as a customer I am sure they will be happy to answer your question.

Depends what version your running.

Email these guys: [email protected]

They are pretty good until you point out the bugs in the system, they often respond quick.

If not post up again and I can see If I can help.

I now tend to use DMC as its got better functionality for how we like to use it. I can connect 2 phones and my partner easily.

Depends what version your running.

Email these guys: [email protected]

They are pretty good until you point out the bugs in the system, they often respond quick.

If not post up again and I can see If I can help.

I now tend to use DMC as its got better functionality for how we like to use it. I can connect 2 phones and my partner easily.

have you used any other headsets and if so what and how does the packtalk compare?

I am thinking of upgrading my Q3's soon

Lidl's best was my only other one.

I have written about pros and cons before.

If you want to pair with mates by the same brand as them. It's easier.

As for advantages look at the functions you would use the clincher for me is via the dual audio streaming. Music and talking or satnav, and being able to use Google/ Siri "navigate to" or text xyz ETA 1900.

Talking at higher speeds is better but lid noise and speaker and mic positions critical (turn TV up and adjust) trial and error...