Having a nightmare finding the right gloves

I’m looking for what I believe are called “all season” gloves.

I won’t be riding in anything below about 7c but for those dry autumn/spring days that are a bit chilly I don’t think my summer gloves (which are borrowed anyway) will cut it.

I’m very safety oriented so I want gauntlets with the hard wrist and knuckle armour.

I don’t want heavily insulated gloves due to wanting good flexibility and feeling in my fingers and I want a reasonable amount of waterproofing.

I generally won’t venture out in rain but sometimes the unexpected happens and I’d like my hands to remain warm and dry for at least half hour in a downpour.

One other thing. RST don’t seem to fit me well (too long in the fingers).

The only other brand I’ve tried and seem to fit me better are Furygan.

I like the look of the Furygan Must gloves but the reviews seem to suggest the waterproofing is questionable. I also can’t tell how well armoured they are.

I’ve also noticed liner gloves. Could these be an option with a more ventilated/summer glove like the AFS19?

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

The mythical "All Season" gloves don't exist, you will need at least two pairs for all seasons, I have about six pairs for different situations.

My two most used are Alpinestars Celer Gore Tex

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/236912

and Richa Cold Protect

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/83815

Like [mention]raesewell[/mention] I have about 6 pairs of gloves for different situations. There is no such thing as all season product. For what it’s worth I also have 6 jackets and trousers for the same reasons.

If you are a "normal" size but just have shorter fingers then I'd recommend held and lindstrand gloves.

Me personally, I have two pairs of gloves (summer rst short ones, winter Halvarssons beasts(?)). I also have some outlast liners which I wear along with the rst gloves when the temperature drops, but not enough to to warrant the winter gloves.

I like Held gloves......The most comfortable gloves I've worn....... 8-)

I've not got these, but one day........https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/99470

I have these Held Air ‘n’ Dry gloves and reccomend them. I bought them probably around a year ago and wore them all through winter and all through this summer with no problems. They are expensive but the quality and use they get was worth the price.

I like Held gloves......The most comfortable gloves I've worn....... 8-)

I've not got these, but one day........https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/99470

They do look great fair play. Just over double what I’d expected to pay but they look like an investment. I think I may give those a try. Just need to figure what size I am now!

Alpinestars 365 Gore-Tex Gloves are amazing, warm on cooler days but good enough for all year round, Great feel from the finger so don't feel bulky.

Gore-Tex, can get clammy at summer heights in europe at 25+ degrees but everything does.

The liner does not pull when sweaty like most gloves of this nature.

Slippers for your fingers.

Only the soft gauntlet lets it down but it doesn't bother me.

I dont think theres a better all season glove.

I've done 20,000 mile in mine and still in good nick.

I can't recommend silk under gloves enough, regardless of which gloves you get, plus they keep you warm in the winter & wick in the summer (like a thermos flask keeps cold things cold & hot things hot, but how does it know :shock: )

Go to a place like J&S which has a huge range and try them all on. The glove you want is unlikely to exist, so find the best compromise. This is what I wear in spring/autumn;

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/90907

It is coated in Nickwax glove waterproofing, so copes fine with showers and can take a thin lining glove if it cools down a bit.