Any advice on leather gear I am looking to buy a good quality jacket and trouser combo, not too bothered about price even if it's quite expensive but I don't wanna pay for just a brand name, I would like something thats gonna last and be a good protective set of gear.

Any advice on leather gear I am looking to buy a good quality jacket and trouser combo, not too bothered about price even if it's quite expensive but I don't wanna pay for just a brand name, I would like something thats gonna last and be a good protective set of gear.

Do you want armour? Some leathers come with it, others do not.

If you just want a good quality hide garment that will give years of service at a reasonable price, have a look at "Goldtop" gear. Very traditional British type clothing. Lewis Leathers is still going, but their prices are beyond silly.

Some of the American leather clothing (Schott, etc.) is also surprisingly good value for money. Steer clear of the cheaper stuff, as it is not made from the best quality leather. Whatever you do, make sure it's made out of hide.

Do you want armour? Some leathers come with it, others do not.

If you just want a good quality hide garment that will give years of service at a reasonable price, have a look at "Goldtop" gear. Very traditional British type clothing. Lewis Leathers is still going, but their prices are beyond silly.

Some of the American leather clothing (Schott, etc.) is also surprisingly good value for money. Steer clear of the cheaper stuff, as it is not made from the best quality leather. Whatever you do, make sure it's made out of hide.

Blimey... Lewis leathers! We used to get our gear there when we were kids.

Cowhide bike leathers do last, but they end up in the back of the wardrobe when the owner puts on a bit of weight. They don't really stretch out over time.

The owners don't put on weight......the leathers shrink, don'tcha know? :D

Not necessarily, but the big advantage is that you can get them made to measure - which for me is a big big plus for my rather barrel shaped body, that none of the other manufacturers deem worthy of making gear to fit.

Whether you need Armour or some fashion oriented biker leather jacket, pants or complete body suit, take a look https://www.maximo-moto.com/en/

Personally I bookmark their page for good pricing and quality gear. If quality is your priority then I think this will be a great source for you because they also have some new brands in stock at reasonable pricing. :cheers: