Those throttle assist thingies

I'm thinking of getting one of these, as my right hand tends to get tingly on long journeys:

71tTNEFnlFL._SL1500_.jpg

Two questions... do they work, and is it best to use the heel of your hand (on the outer side of the grip) or your thumb (on the inner)?

Aah I’ve just been looking for the thread that has link to these. Anyone remember where that is? They had two different sizes.

Took over 6hrs to get back yesterday and the last couple of hours my hand was stiff. Not a surprise really, if someone said “here grip this for 6hrs” you wouldn’t expect to be able to do it without a bit of ache.

Let me know if you get one :thumb:

Aah I’ve just been looking for the thread that has link to these. Anyone remember where that is? They had two different sizes.

Took over 6hrs to get back yesterday and the last couple of hours my hand was stiff. Not a surprise really, if someone said “here grip this for 6hrs” you wouldn’t expect to be able to do it without a bit of ache.

It's likely that I will - I'm just a bit concerned that it might damage my heated grips, which weren't cheap :scratch:

I bought the Scottoiler branded ones via Amazon. Very pleased with them on both bikes. Quite intuitive to use though I did have a couple of time when I caught it with my hand before I'd got the angle just right.

I heard the cheap ones sometimes break which I is why I went for the branded ones.

That’s the thread. I think!

How do you remember all this stuff?!

search function on the forum :wink:

Like you I knew there was a thread it was just finding it and knowing what to search for :)

Enough tension to hold throttle but not enough to apply brakes.

Wrap it around the brake lever pivot, not the actual lever its self. To activate cruise control slip the other end over the twist grip. To deactivate cruise control slip it over the switch gear. Oldschool but works.

Wrap it around the brake lever pivot, not the actual lever its self. To activate cruise control slip the other end over the twist grip. To deactivate cruise control slip it over the switch gear. Oldschool but works.

So what happens if you fall off? I know I had this conversation regarding the original device, but could the rubber band hold the throttle open in an "inappropriate" situation?

So what happens if you fall off? I know I had this conversation regarding the original device, but could the rubber band hold the throttle open in an "inappropriate" situation?

Don't fall off... Simples...

Don't fall off... Simples...

Awlrite let's go......but you first, OK? :thumb:

Hi SCM, I'm assuming that the 6hrs was the ride back from the mudguard install. Sorry to hijack thread, but how did it go? Are you pleased with them? Start new topic, if it's worth talking about.

Sorry for hijack [mention]learningtofly[/mention]

Cheers

S23

Hi SCM, I'm assuming that the 6hrs was the ride back from the mudguard install. Sorry to hijack thread, but how did it go? Are you pleased with them? Start new topic, if it's worth talking about.

Sorry for hijack @learningtofly

Cheers

S23

No, as you were :thumb:

tip over sensor will cut the bike :wink:

Hi Stu.... AFAIK... I've only ever had one bike with a tip over sensor.......please remember I'm an old git.....

My bro in law has one these on his bike .. and his had heated grips and its ok . As for the grip thing he swares by it .. but I don't like it as when we go out for rides if we on motorways he tends to ride one handed .which I think is mad . As we don't have the best.roads do we .. as i said he loves his ...

Hi Stu.... AFAIK... I've only ever had one bike with a tip over sensor.......please remember I'm an old git.....

So bit of string tied to the rubber band and the other to your jacket. As you fall off the string will pull the band, the band will snap and the throttle close. Genius idea.

well you have one now and I would hazard a guess that all the bikes you have owned with fuel injection will have had one too :)

So bit of string tied to the rubber band and the other to your jacket. As you fall off the string will pull the band, the band will snap and the throttle close. Genius idea.

The snag with this kind of thinking is that we British have a habit of over engineering things. So in practice what would happen is that the string would be the kind that will take the weight of an elephant and the elastic band would be surplus from Jo Brand's kickers - the resulting combination of tensile strengths would result in me bouncing along behind the bike wishing I'd settled for a slightly sore wrist.