prescription glasses for motorcycles?

Any guidance for glasses? My eyesight technically doesn't need them but is slightly better if I have them. I'm worried about steaming up and also about peripheral vision. I specifically bought a Shoei GT-air because of the wide field of view so perhaps wrap around ones?

I need them or I'd crash. Steaming isn't an issue for me, it's more the visor that fogs up if it wants to.

I've only owned rimless glasses since I've been riding and have no issues. I'm actually about to get some new glasses and it is one of my concerns, ensuring that any new glasses work under my helmet.

I wear glasses and have a GT-air.

You will get the glasses steaming up in damp air and while stationary. Cracking open the visor can stop that but as soon as you are on the move its gone.

If you do get glasses then take your helmet along for the fitting to ensure you can get them on and they are comfortable.

A better solution if you can is to use contacts.

I cant use contacts. I have astigmatism. basically I can correct one focal length but it make the others rubbish. I tried once as a trial before laser surgery. I could see a termite across the street but couldn't read a book. With glasses, at least I can take them off. Obviously I dumped the laser idea!

I've worn both glasses and contacts and prefer glasses. To be fair I also have astigmatism so have to use specific contacts which aren't very comfortable. The worst bit was when a bit of grit got into the lens whilst riding. With glasses I always feel my eyes are better protected.

Don't worry over much about the field of view - you need to be turning you head anyway. The main thing is the combination of helmet and glasses so take your lid with you when you try frames.

I use a flip front and find that much better. Best thing about glasses is having photochromic lenses so you've got sunglasses to hand whenever you need them. They still seem to work ok behind a visor which is odd because they don't work behind a car windscreen as well.

I cant use contacts. I have astigmatism. basically I can correct one focal length but it make the others rubbish. I tried once as a trial before laser surgery. I could see a termite across the street but couldn't read a book. With glasses, at least I can take them off. Obviously I dumped the laser idea!

I have contacts which address the astigmatism, but they can not cope with my need for Varifocals.

Tried Varifocals could see distance fine could not see the SatNav though. Plus could not wear the varifocal for as long as the single vision lenses.

They still seem to work ok behind a visor which is odd because they don't work behind a car windscreen as well.

......Hmmm. ......plastic don't block UV.......windscreen glass does.