Adjustable throttle stopper

Is there any adjustable throttle restrictors on the market at all?

I'm planning to get my A2 sorted and i want to have full and restricted power with the flick of a switch or locking pin.

This is because if anything were to happen i can just lock the pin in the restricted mode and i wont be insurance void.

If any one is willing to shed any light, it would be appreciated, thanks.

You will be insurance void. Because you can bet that as a restricted rider the bike will be gone over with a fine tooth comb looking for the slightest reason to void the claim. Any 'device' such as this will be spotted by the assessor and immediately recognised as not standard. Say goodbye to your insurance and hello to bankruptcy and likely a prosecution.

It's just not worth the risk. Restriction devices for most A2 bikes allow you to ride at legal+ speeds.motorway and more. A chap came with us a few years back to Germany on a restricted CBR500 and at no point did he hold anyone up. He was was as fast as the rest of us. Pootling along at 85 on some French motorways. He even had a blast on the Nurburgring. On an A2 bike.

I'm planning to get my A2 sorted and i want to have full and restricted power with the flick of a switch or locking pin.

This is because if anything were to happen i can just lock the pin in the restricted mode and i wont be insurance void.

This is a stupid idea. Just do the full A licence and be done with it.

You're assuming you're still able to restrict the bike and not laying in the gutter all smashed up and being spooned into a plastic body bag.

Just take your test. Biking isn't a cheap hobby so if you can't afford your test you can't afford to be a biker.

Most recognised restrictions are either to the inlet tract or ECU......not many to the throttle stop.

Do your A2, get a suitably restricted bike and wait for the 2 years or your 24th birthday and unrestrict it then.......insurance companies and their assessors aren't stupid and you'll get caught out if you try to fiddle the system.

• 4 weeks later...