Trackers .what do you recommended .

Hi I know this was chatted about a few weeks ago . So I'm in need of a tracker as my insurance is due and as the bike weather is coming I want an extra peace of mind . So what have we got then . I'm looking for a cheap tracker low running cost easy to use . Thanks

I got one on watch list .it's one battery last for ages but needs a SIM card I don't know how that will work . It says you hide the tracker and if the bike gets nicked you call or text the number on the SIM and it gives the GPS and you I guess tell the cops???? Or look for it your self. Any info will be helpful

Depends exactly what you want.... I think the best ones (not necessarily the most expensive) are those that give you a call if the bike is tampered with or moved, etc. Then you've got a fighting chance of catching the bast*rds in the act......

You want to look at the trackers recovery rates.

Datatools TrakKing Adeventure are expensive at £10 a month but they retrieve approx 85% of stolen bikes quickly (ie the majority without damage), it’s monitored 24/7 buy someone else who will ring you if it’s moved without keys in the ignition to check it was you and they liaise with the police who apparently are happy to work with them hence the high retrieval rate. You can set up text message alerts which are automatically sent if your bike is moved in any way without the keys in. There are some other extras with it but ob for a price which I don’t pay for. Your insurance co will want to know what one it is and apparently it makes a difference to the reduction in price but who knows if that’s pennies or pounds.

I didn’t choose it I just went along with whatever the garage wanted to fit cos at the time I thought they were all much of a muchness but I really like it, the apps excellent and occasionally when I’m away I’ll have a wistful look on the map to check it’s tucked up where it’s supposed to be and I’m always impressed by how good the maps and location accuracy is- it’s even at the right end of the garage.

If it was nicked I wouldn’t have any qualms about going straight to where it was parked the maps are good and apparently thieves like to leave a bike parked up for a couple of hours or more so they don’t risk a tracker bringing the policia to their lair!

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/reviews/products/security/trackers/tested-datatool-trakking-motorcycle-tracker-review

Whats wrong with hiding an old mobile phone on the bike and using a "find my phone" app to get the bike's location if it gets nicked?

Basic pay-go sim cards are £10 or less per month with data included. The only irritation I can see would be removing the phone every 5/6/7 days to charge the battery.

Is this a viable & cheap option ?

Whats wrong with hiding an old mobile phone on the bike and using a "find my phone" app to get the bike's location if it gets nicked?

Basic pay-go sim cards are £10 or less per month with data included. The only irritation I can see would be removing the phone every 5/6/7 days to charge the battery.

I'd say Monimoto would be a better bet, especially once you factor in the reduced faff of charging & the fact your own mobile would be much more of a passive system.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MoniMoto-Motorcycle-Suitable-Scooters-Snowmobiles/dp/B072HV5SLQ

because how will you know you're bikes been nicked ....

unless you're constantly refreshing the page everytime you're away from the bike .

otherwise bike has been nicked 5 hours earlier they have found the phone and dumped it .and all your heading to is the phones location .

Similar with trackers ... there are only so many places to fit one on a bike and if found they will be removed .

best ones are the ones that physically report from the word go otherwise its a game of pot luck