Carrying golf bags

I'm looking for a way to transport a full set of golf bags using my scooter. In the past I was able to carry a few clubs either in my backpack with the shaft sticking out or in a pencil bag between my legs.

Currently I carry my full set in a car but that won't be an option in the near future. I don't want to have to buy a car just for the sake of golf but at the same time I don't want to have to stop playing golf and I do love the sport and play it a lot.

I have seen a few pics on the web but the products all seem to lead to US sites.

Does anybody carry bags on their bikes/scooters?

I live in London and have been riding a Honda sh125i. Though it's been stolen it has also been recovered and I'm still hopefull to get it back from insurance company. Until then I'm limited to a Vespa something. Also 125 but appears smaller than the Honda.

I'm happy not to filter through traffic when I carry the bag.

Any suggestion or direction is appreciated.

you might need to have something bespoke made, looking at similar for fishing rods and poles, so have been looking at various contraptions/carriers to mount off the rear of the bike, but my closest possible solution is to make an add on to the pannier rack, that will be able to carry a largish diameter tube on each side, have a look on some metal working and woodworking ( often have a metal section) forums for any hobbyists in your area that can help, one i am a member of uk workshop, has a lot of very helpful members, good luck :thumb:

When I was in Biarritz with my wife we saw a young couple on a scooter with luggage, fishing gear and a surf board strapped to the side of the scooter.

It didn't look safe and I wouldn't do it but it can be done.

Phone browser has had wobbly, sorry only played golf once at 3am in Birmingham, was more like a scene from peaky blinders.

in my backpack with the shaft sticking out or in a pencil bag between my legs..

@Six30 it's all yours[mention]Six30[/menti[mention]Six30[/menti[mention]Six30[/menti[mention]Six30[/menti[mention]Six30[/menti[mention]Six30[/menti[mention]Six30

Similar thoughts in my mind - except for sailing gear. I am looking into a trailer - but you need to be riding above a 125 to tow. Some have a single wheel and work like a tag-along on a pedal bike, others have two wheels. Mainly in the States but there are some UK manufacturers.

https://pbmotorcycletrailer.com/

There's another UK builder I found last night but of course I can't find it again this morning. I shall look later.

Not the one I found last night which was more of an open frame type which is more suited to golf kit - but for me this might work https://www.freewheeluk.net/motorcycle-trailers

(Our second car is nearly dead and I'd like to not have to replace it. The only snag is when I go sailing it leaves my wife with no transport and we live in a rural area so I'd rather leaver her the car and get to the sailing club on the bike)

Similar thoughts in my mind - except for sailing gear. I am looking into a trailer - but you need to be riding above a 125 to tow. Some have a single wheel and work like a tag-along on a pedal bike, others have two wheels. Mainly in the States but there are some UK manufacturers.

https://pbmotorcycletrailer.com/

There's another UK builder I found last night but of course I can't find it again this morning. I shall look later.

Not the one I found last night which was more of an open frame type which is more suited to golf kit - but for me this might work https://www.freewheeluk.net/motorcycle-trailers

(Our second car is nearly dead and I'd like to not have to replace it. The only snag is when I go sailing it leaves my wife with no transport and we live in a rural area so I'd rather leaver her the car and get to the sailing club on the bike)

This is great idea and saw smaller ones myself on the net but as you said the bike needs to be above 125. I failed my MOD1 so I'm still riding with a loser plate. As [mention]dynax[/mention] mentioned (Thanks dynax) a custom made product might be required. There is definitely a gap in the market. Good luck with your purchase but how about getting your wife on a bike? :wink:

As a pioneer in the field of scuba fly-fishing (and also the niche sport of car park fly-casting) I'm now thinking about borrowing a club and inventing motorbike golf - like polo only much, much better. :lol:

Give up golf, ride more :shock:

not an option. As much as I like riding I would sooner give that up than golf.

As in the words of Mark Twain "Golf is a good walk spoiled" . :wink:

• 1 year later...

Why not ? Well I can only speak for myself . In case someone saw me , that's why not . There's Bikers and there's people , ok . Us and them . And they play golf .

Guest Richzx6r

Why not ? Well I can only speak for myself . In case someone saw me , that's why not . There's Bikers and there's people , ok . Us and them . And they play golf .

Getting in on the pink floyd eh bob