Just bought Drift Ghost X - Can anyone recommend a good mic?

You need to plug an adapter into the USB slot to use an external mic, the audio is its worst point. Any mic inside your lid should be fine

Hmmm should I just get their one then? ; https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/183459

and is this adapter the one? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sabrent-External-Adapter-Windows-AU-MMSA/dp/B00IRVQ0F8/ref=sr_1_3?crid=16RA0L52OSZBZ&keywords=usb+mic+adapter&qid=1562417676&s=gateway&sprefix=usb+mic+ada%2Cwatches%2C127&sr=8-3

cheers

You need to plug an adapter into the USB slot to use an external mic, the audio is its worst point. Any mic inside your lid should be fine

and is this adapter the one? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sabrent-External-Adapter-Windows-AU-MMSA/dp/B00IRVQ0F8/ref=sr_1_3?crid=16RA0L52OSZBZ&keywords=usb+mic+adapter&qid=1562417676&s=gateway&sprefix=usb+mic+ada%2Cwatches%2C127&sr=8-3

cheers

apparently it comes with the mic adapter cable

Let us know how you get on with it. I am looking at buying one (I would have bought one this month but the tax has just arrived :( )

Aw unlucky mate. Hopefully you pick one up soon. I will let you know how it is, camera coming Monday and the Mic Wednesday. So I will give you my opinions on Friday, I am also planning to release a YouTube video on this forum on Saturday (so you can see the quality if you want). But the video I am planning will be my first blog; where everyone on the forum can send a video in reply to it. I wont give details away but hopefully it will be something big/fun on this forum, we will see 😊

Yup, the Drift Ghost X does come with the mic adaptor but like you said, you will need to buy the mic cable separate. I've brought one but never used it as I have the X in the waterproof case at all time in case of (heavy) rain and accidentally dropping it when taking it off mount/helmet. (which as only happens a couple of times!)

Yup, the Drift Ghost X does come with the mic adaptor but like you said, you will need to buy the mic cable separate. I've brought one but never used it as I have the X in the waterproof case at all time in case of (heavy) rain and accidentally dropping it when taking it off mount/helmet. (which as only happens a couple of times!)

Thanks, just got mine today and it wont turn on? Do I have to leave it charging for hours before turning it on or what? :(

Thanks, just got mine today and it wont turn on? Do I have to leave it charging for hours before turning it on or what? :(

When I got mine, it was half charged so was able to start using it from the get go, I believe I used it till it went flat and then charged it to full (uninterrupted) and then used it till it went flat again to get it fully discharged. Kind of like what you do with laptop batteries (that's how I treated it anyway)