Buying new clothing

Hi all, going for some DAS training next week and looking for gear as rain is forecast.

I have leathers I am slimming into but need to buy something this weekend for over my jeans and wax jacket that I am wearing at the moment.

I am training for the Mod 1 test.

Should I be looking for one piece or two piece rain gear.

I also need boots so advice on those would be appreciated.

PS I should be able to get the leathers on before Mod 2 john

What type of riding you planing on in future?, if your loosing weight you really sure your wanting to buy stuff that may not fit in a month :D

Separates easier to get on if your planing on computing and short jaunts, one piece ifyou want to be a power ranger

I am just about to fit into the leathers now but another month should do it (I am on the ketogenic diet)

I went to J&S Doncaster and bought an Armadillo jacket and Oxford rainseal trousers for over the leathers.

Put the gear in the top box and went for fuel, the heavens opened the rain was bouncing!

I put on the gear and gave it a good test I did get a bit wet as the rain got in through the zip in the jacket and my feet got

wet as my old boots are short so a gap was left between the boots and trousers.

The shop didnt have my size of boots in the type I wanted so will buy boots later. Thanks john.

Two piece rain gear is always best :)

I have Rukka textiles for winter and in the summer a leather jacket and water resistant Kevlar jeans, if it looks like a wet wet day then I'll bring the waterproof over trousers and jacket just in case but to be honest if its above 18 degrees it doesn't bother me getting wet like it would in the winter. The leather jacket will deflect most rain showers as will the jeans and anything more than that I put my phone in a zip lock bag and carry on. :)

To this day I personally have been unable to find kit that stops 100% of rain getting in, it will always find away be it down your neck where the jacket moves or up the sleeves of the jacket from the spray.

Boots wise I have loads and kidded myself in to thinking I needed them for different types of riding and weather but personally when I bought a set of Alpinestars SMX Plus Gore-Tex Boots they were the only boots I ever needed and every pair after them was just wasting money. I still have them 5 years later and they are still going strong, on the track, touring in 30 degrees in a thunderstorm or blood bikes when its frozen outside and they always just worked and felt like slippers and never got too hot or too cold. Yes they aren't cheap but worth every single penny in the long run for the protection from both crashes and the elements!

If funds are a little tight then always check out Facebook Market place as you can get some steals on kit out there if you aren't seriously put off by it being second hand and maybe happy to drive a little.

Best of luck with the DAS 8-)

Guest Richzx6r

So I have a 2 piece rst set of leathers though they are summer ones with the little pin holes in the chest and arms and I bought a set of waterproofs off Amazon for 16 quid though I'm yet to try them yet, and I now have some buffalo textile gear too and I now remember why I made the move to leather gear as I used the textile stuff to ride to work on Thursday and its bloody horrible......I just sweated too much in the stuff

So I have a 2 piece rst set of leathers though they are summer ones with the little pin holes in the chest and arms and I bought a set of waterproofs off Amazon for 16 quid though I'm yet to try them yet, and I now have some buffalo textile gear too and I now remember why I made the move to leather gear as I used the textile stuff to ride to work on Thursday and its bloody horrible......I just sweated too much in the stuff

Have to say I find textiles more comfortable than leather. Warm when I want it and cooler when I open the (many) vents. Also waterproof so I don't need another waterproof oversuit to drag around. Not much lighter though once the armour is in.

Guest Richzx6r

Have to say I find textiles more comfortable than leather. Warm when I want it and cooler when I open the (many) vents. Also waterproof so I don't need another waterproof oversuit to drag around. Not much lighter though once the armour is in.

I took the liner out of it and it was still too hot and sweaty I find leather much nicer