I’m starting a new job which means I’ll be commuting on the bike everyday. I’ve started thinking that I need an oversuit as it’ll keep the flies, road dirt etc off my clothes but will also come in handy when it rains.

Is this the right thing to be considering or am I wasting my time? If you commute what is it that your use/wear?

Oversuits are good but for me I wear either my leathers, kevlar jeans or fabric suits which are all armoured. Commuting times I find are the most likely to have other road users not concentrating. People are either in auto pilot, tired or distracted. I change at work, I know it's a pain but knowing my luck of I wasn't properly kitted out something would happen!!!!

Guest Richzx6r

I'm the same I'm that so I think you would be wasting money with an over oversuit and you will be compromising your own safety for the sake of a couple of minutes getting changed at your final destination

I commute 20 miles to work on my bike.

I have to be smartly dressed at work, i.e Shirt and Trousers.

Textle jacket and trousers with inbult armour is what I wear over my shirt and trousers. On my feet are leather motorcylce boots that I change to shoes in the office.

If there is heavy rain I add a fluourescent yellow waterproof jacket over the top, mainly because my "waterproof" textile jacket is not!

I have a 1-piece waterproof overall, it is waterproof but is a pain to put on, so I rarely use it.

I commute 20 miles to work on my bike.

I have to be smartly dressed at work, i.e Shirt and Trousers.

Textle jacket and trousers with inbult armour is what I wear over my shirt and trousers. On my feet are leather motorcylce boots that I change to shoes in the office.

If there is heavy rain I add a fluourescent yellow waterproof jacket over the top, mainly because my "waterproof" textile jacket is not!

I have a 1-piece waterproof overall, it is waterproof but is a pain to put on, so I rarely use it.

:stupid:

Except no yellow water proof. My textiles do seem to be waterproof.

I have a one piece overall and can confirm they are a pain to put on.

:stupid: I've got a one piece overall which I've used exactly once. Having said that I did read about the Klim Hardanger one piece which is fully armored, waterproof etc. It's also about £1300 so a tad pricey. Not for me.

Sorry I think I’ve misled you. I will be wearing my textile jacket, pants and boots, I just thought an oversuit would keep them cleaner and looking better as it’d be easier to clean the road dirt, flies etc off it?

Hi

Oversuits are good in the winter they add an extra layer of insulation and wind protection but during the summer you can end up feeling a little like a boil in the bag chicken.

I commute most days Kevlar jeans and a textile jacket wear the jeans all day just change my footwear. If its raining then I'll wear a lightweight over suit.

As for putting it on if I'm out an about I put a plastic bag over my boot before pulling the oversuit over the boot swap the bag and do the same on the other foot. it stops the heal snagging in the trouser leg.

Cheap oversuits normally last a few months before the seams leak at the crutch