GoPro Helmet solutions

Just picked up a GoPro Hero 7 Black and test it out with the chest mount... as you can see in the video below it’s a bit of a shit position (even after I change the angle a bit further on).

Im wanting the camera on the chin of my helmet Tbut mounts I have don’t really fit the as it’s quite a pointy shape. Does anyone any mount recommendations for the chin area?

Cheers! :thumb:

https://youtu.be/Z2DaiOjvwG0

Edited by Ryan94b

I have my camera mounted on the bike, and have just bought a dictaphone with external mic to record voice audio, which i can merge in the editing, cheaper option for me than buying new camera setup as i use a polaroid cube which is pretty good for what it is :thumb:

I have my camera mounted on the bike, and have just bought a dictaphone with external mic to record voice audio, which i can merge in the editing, cheaper option for me than buying new camera setup as i use a polaroid cube which is pretty good for what it is :thumb:

Wouldn’t really want it mounted on my bike unless I’m doing a track day. I’d rather have a POV position on my helmet. Good idea with the mic though, the gopro adapter is a rip off and that’s even before u buy a mic

I used to have my gopro on the back of my helmet with the gopro just above top my helmet .which my mrs while on the back could see what I was filming till it went off so she used check that it was pointing str8 ahead .

I fitted it using the big sucker mount that came with the set up then just used srt8s to go up the back the helmet . Also I had two air vents on the back left and right i pushed a long cable tie thro the vents and used that to hold the big sucker thing on to the helmet as well . Didnt trust the sucker alone ..

Then I fitted it to the front of the helmet using the chin vent I used a U bracket to fit it to the front the helmet which was fab as I could see what I was filming so when I could ppl on there phones in could see that I got them on film (on top the helmet was hit and miss at times ) so the chin was best for me

But it was a pain in the ass lifting the visor .. had to move the camera forward then open the lid then move it back it to view. ..

So now i just use a small camera half the size of a match box ....used to be fitted to the front of the bike ... so that now on my helmet with the power wire from my chin to the connector on the handlebars . .

I use a 3 way pivot mount, £15 off Amazon, using the sticky pads to mount either the flat or curved mount as close to the chin as possible then adjust the pivot points to get as close to the chin area as possible, however there are plenty of various chin mounts out there, prices ranging from £9.99 - £30.00.