Givi top box

Has anyone fitted a holder for Givi top box to Yamaha XJ6? I looked at the instructions and it's not clear if this needs cutting or not.

I need a topbox that will ideally take 2 helmets and deciding between Givi and Shad.

Not sure what you mean about cutting.. the PDF of the fitting kit is simple enough and doesnt mention any cutting at all.

if there were any modifications needed they would be made abundantly clear.

Below. years 09-13

856710347_Givifittingrack.thumb.png.b5537fa9c3fdb623f65d728cc74589d5.png

if there were any modifications needed they would be made abundantly clear.

OK, thanks. So it looks that Givi rack is mounted underneath everything, and Shad rack is mounted instead of grab handles. I couldn't quite get Givi instructions, but see it now.

First bike, first top box, want to buy the right one ;-)

I have the shad sh46 top box and is plenty big enough for two helmets

They now do an expanding one if need be although to be fair I don't see the point in it

So they're making expanding helmets now?

What ever will they think of next?

They now do an expanding one if need be although to be fair I don't see the point in it

you're well past your helmet expanding!!

Anyway no! top boxes! Shad do one that you can increase the height on and has 3 different positions

Anyway no! top boxes! Shad do one that you can increase the height on and has 3 different positions

I've always found the Shad stuff pretty tacky myself.......I'm more of a Givi guy! 8-)

I've always found the Shad stuff pretty tacky myself.......I'm more of a Givi guy! 8-)

I must admit looking at them at the NEC show it didn't feel that great!

They're not as solid as Givi, they don't have the same flair in terms of styling, and the locking mechanisms are usually pretty haphazard.

I know they're cheaper than Givi......but I'd prefer to pay a bit more and get something decent.

They're not as solid as Givi, they don't have the same flair in terms of styling, and the locking mechanisms are usually pretty haphazard.

I know they're cheaper than Givi......but I'd prefer to pay a bit more and get something decent.

yet the one I have is pretty solid and works as it should! same as my side cases too :)

Maybe its just the newer ones

yet the one I have is pretty solid and works as it should! same as my side cases too :)

You're from Hull Stu......you won't have much experience with quality products! :lol:

You're from Hull Stu......you won't have much experience with quality products! :lol:

This is very true!

Got a scare of my life earlier on today. I braked not to hit a car with a traffic-joining muppet inside, and from the corner of my eye I've seen something super-close behind me. For a split second I thought I'm about to be smashed from behind by a vehicle I've not registered earlier, and then realized I'm being attacked in my mirrors by my top box :D