Guest Richzx6r

Hi all,

I currently have the stock exhaust on my Tiger 800 but it's far too quiet for my liking.

Can I have your suggestions on which exhaust would be best please?

Just get a drill on the stock can, that will liven it up some :thumb:

On a serious note theres that many options you first need to decide on your budget then kinda go from there but from top of my head look for the likes of akraprovic, fuel, delkevic not sure if I have spelt last one right but yea theres a lot of choice

Has it got a cat? If so most of the sound deadening will be in there, not the end can. Do some research on YouTube etc, though speakers do a terrible job of replicating real world sound for exhaust notes weirdly.

How will I know it has a cat?

Big old box on the link pipe between the headers and the end can. Post a pic. What year is it?

@Stu do you know mate?!

More than likely it will have one

Has it got a cat? If so most of the sound deadening will be in there, not the end can. Do some research on YouTube etc, though speakers do a terrible job of replicating real world sound for exhaust notes weirdly.

Headphones ?

GPR is a make that often gets overlooked . I've got one on my ER5 and the quality is good . There's a big choice of styles for the Tiger 800 .

https://www.gpr-motorcycle-exhausts.co.uk/shop/brand/triumph-exhausts/tiger-800-xr-xc-xrx-xcx-xrt-xca-2011-18

Headphones ?

I have tried, I just don't think it's accurate enough

I can vouch for Delkevic :thumb:

Got a Carbon Fibre back box on mine, left the baffles in and it went from sounding like a p***ed off typewriter to a fart in a long tunnel. Subtle enough to not wake the neighbours but loud enough people in traffic can hear me comming

• 2 weeks later...

is the carbon can company still going from fleetwood i used to have one of their cans on my vfr 400 and that sounded ok

I am afraid I believe they are gone !

I had a lovely green fading to yellow can on ,y ZRX and couldn't find a replacement so ended up with a full Black Widow replacement.

Cheers

Ian20170528_105212.thumb.jpg.d25cca1c928a051e8c196b61bc2a0975.jpg20180405_123008.thumb.jpg.1bdddedccb62a50c015e09f14103d695.jpg

GPR is a make that often gets overlooked

Talking of makes that are often overlooked, I used to have an SP engineering exhaust on my bandit. It was cheap, well made and great customer service. It was made by a bloke who took great care of his worl. I think he used to be part of this forum a long time ago, and I dont know if he still makes them, but if he does then I highly recommend him!

I currently have an akrapovic on my CBR and my girlfriend says she can hear me coming down the road when shes sat on the sofa.

Just thinking about exhausts that I've had over the years and realized that I've had three bikes with Vance and Hines systems . This one had a lovely roar to it especially if I forgot to put the baffle in . I had the same system on a GSX 1100 ET and that was apocalyptically loud and now I've got one on the Harley .

Polish_20191118_204327632.thumb.jpg.15792a053196e4a4e5529f38e88900f7.jpg