Companies that get it right.

Shamelessly nicking this idea from another forum but I want us to name companies when they go that bit further and are helpful.

(Feel free to star one for companies that get it wrong)

I had an Oxford optimiser 900 which I bought a good couple of years ago but hadn't used much, so I was disappointed when it lit up but wouldn't register or put out a charging current.

Knowing it was out of warranty I still sent an email to Oxford products saying I was not that happy.

I was surprised to receive a mail from a lady in customer services saying send it in and we will look at it and let you know if it is repairable as obviously no obligation to do anything.

Imagine my surprise to arrive home this evening to find a brand new unit in a box at home.

No note or explanation so I thought it was only fair to congratulate them on their service as we are quick enough to moan so happy to applaud when I can.

Cheers

Ian

Oxford products have a good history when it comes to customer service . About 15 years ago , so the story goes , one of the bike mags discovered that any disc lock or D lock with a tubular style key could be opened by grinding a felt tip pen into it . As a gesture of goodwill , Oxford products made it known that they would refund anyone who had purchased such a lock from them . Apparently people were digging out long forgotten rusty locks and sending them in until Oxford had to fill several skips with scrap locks . I don't know exactly how true this is but if it is , it's another feather in the cap for Oxford Products .

Hats off to EBC UK . I bought a full Kevlar Clutch Kit from Demon Tweeks and fitted it to my old GSXR . After one season it was slipping under hard acceleration and when I stripped it out the steel plates were blue and the friction plates were black and charred . I sent pictures to EBC tech support and to my delight they sent me an entire replacement clutch kit free of charge . They didn't even want to see the receipt as far as I can remember . Now that's customer service .https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=66672&hilit=Racing+clutch#p1034469

+ 1 for Oxford products customer service :thumb:

Last year the zip on my old x30 tank bag failed and I noticed that it was marked “lifetime luggage”, more out of amusement than expectations I rang their customer services department. Not expecting too much from them as I didn’t have a receipt and it must have been 10 years old, but they asked me to return it to them and they would have a look at it to see if could be repaired.

About a week later I got a call - “yes we can see you haven abused it, pick a colour and we will post a new one to you”.

Last year the zip on my old x30 tank bag failed and I noticed that it was marked “lifetime luggage”, more out of amusement than expectations I rang their customer services department. Not expecting too much from them as I didn’t have a receipt and it must have been 10 years old, but they asked me to return it to them and they would have a look at it to see if could be repaired.

About a week later I got a call - “yes we can see you haven abused it, pick a colour and we will post a new one to you”.

It's a wonder they make any money !

Mind you look how many people we are telling how good they are!

It's possible that their reputation is considered important to them.

Either way I am grateful for the response from them.

Cheers

Ian

It's a wonder they make any money !

Sometimes it works playing the “old age pensioners card”. :violin:

Okay Boomer.........

Ok , it's a clothing brand . Perhaps you could elaborate about how this company has provided exception customer service .

Royal Mail celebrated Xmas by stealing the black gauntlets. Aerostich sent another pair, and paid the UK import tax. Saved me around £19 - £25

2107676666_DSC_0005(1).jpg.cf3b1da889c9cb04f559db668a6bfa8d.jpg

Okay Boomer.........

Ok , it's a clothing brand . Perhaps you could elaborate about how this company has provided exception customer service .

Royal Mail celebrated Xmas by stealing the black gauntlets. Aerostich sent another pair, and paid the UK import tax. Saved me around £19 - £25

DSC_0005 (1).jpg

Right so why couldn't you be bothered to say so in the first place ? And stop repeating that retarded phrase . I for one have had quite enough of it . It's not funny anymore and it's not clever . Every time you write it you identify yourself as unoriginal and just plain insulting . What's your issue mate ?

Okay Boomer...... :up:

Right so why couldn't you be bothered to say so in the first place ? And stop repeating that retarded phrase . I for one have had quite enough of it . It's not funny anymore and it's not clever . Every time you write it you identify yourself as unoriginal and just plain insulting . What's your issue mate ?

51AoEBXYraL._AC_SX352_SY248_.jpg

Okay Boomer...... :up:

51AoEBXYraL._AC_SX352_SY248_.jpg

Repeating some tired old shit that you have seen on the internet with monotonous regularity is not humour, it's just moronic . And you can't even respond without cutting and pasting someone else's image to make your point . It's just dull .

Okay Boomer..... :popcorn:

Repeating some tired old shit that you have seen on the internet with monotonous regularity is not humour, it's just moronic . And you can't even respond without cutting and pasting someone else's image to make your point . It's just dull .

Shiver me triggers :lol:

More brain dead cliches .

This is becoming tedious, i enjoy a good bit of humorous banter but sadly you have neither, this forum is a great place to be a part of with some fantastic members that go out of their way to help others, and quite frankly you do not fit in this enviroment, if you want to carry on with your childish behaviour i would suggest joining another forum, it is very rare that something narks me and makes me want to comment, but for some reason you do, anyway for now the block list will do before i say something that will get me banned :evil:

This is becoming tedious, i enjoy a good bit of humorous banter but sadly you have neither, this forum is a great place to be a part of with some fantastic members that go out of their way to help others, and quite frankly you do not fit in this enviroment, if you want to carry on with your childish behaviour i would suggest joining another forum, it is very rare that something narks me and makes me want to comment, but for some reason you do, anyway for now the block list will do before i say something that will get me banned :evil:

Thanks mate , very eloquently put .

Have I ever mentioned that shit like this wouldn't be going down if @Six30 had got the Mod gig?

well there you go extreme, I could be patrolling these corridors , swinging my baton ready to pounce at the first sign of trouble …..

obviously Hoggs does it better :roll:

Have I ever mentioned that shit like this wouldn't be going down if @Six30 had got the Mod gig?

well there you go extreme, I could be patrolling these corridors , swinging my baton ready to pounce at the first sign of trouble …..

obviously Hoggs does it better :roll:

Hoggs says that your ‘baton’ isn’t big enough to swing 😲