In helmet sound WITHOUT a huge carbunkle

Hi guys and gals, simple question. I want to put some speakers inside my helmets. Bell RS2 and MT Atom flip. Not bothered about hifi sound as I only really want them for google maps and satnav use. I don't want to use in ear buds as they either get dislodged when you put your lid on or grt very uncomfortable after a while. There are a lot of Bluetooth solutions out there but every one I look at has an enormous carbunkle to attach to your helmet - not normally an issue except I already have a ghost X camera on the side and I really dont want any more crap hanging off there! All I want is some simple reasonably audible Bluetooth

speakers - even a single speaker would do, that can be left in the helmet and charged/ activated with something that doesn't resemble half a housebrick on the outside. Anyone come across anything that fits the bill before? Cheers!

A couple years ago, before getting my intercoms I bought a pair of headphones for £15, took the speaker with the wires out. discarded the casings keeping the cushions.

The helmet had a removable foam for the speakers so that helped.

The cable was passed under the polystyrene but you can pass it just inside the fabric. make sure you have plenty cable to plug to your device and don't forget to unplug it before you remove the helmet. ;)

Thanks guys, I had thought of both of those options, just wondering if the volume would be adequate to compete with wind noise? I do have a bluetooth dongle I could try and that's probably the best option thanks - just need to find out which speakers will give a reasonable volume. Thanks again!

Very similar to these is what I use

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133402874707

As mentioned by husoi, I also took the casings off and just planted the speakers under the foam helmet liner. Good enough for sat nav and music, telephone calls are a struggle sometimes, but no bugger calls me anyway.🙄

Charges via mini USB cable connector on the microphone, about once every 5/6 weeks.

I went down this route a few years ago and eventually bit the bullet and bought a proper intercom. You say you already have a camera, an intercom on the other side might balance things up :D. The volume and clarity over wind noise is the problem with the proposed set up. Give it a go and see how you get on.

Then let us know which intercom you go with afterwards. :P

Both Sena and Cardo have integrated systems but that would mean buying the helmet as well. There is also the Nolan N com (I think that's what they call it) and others with comms already fitted.