Decent outdoor cover

I had an Oxford cover and it lasted barely a year. I got the Xtectem one in March. It cost a third of the Oxford and has been bought by a few of the guys on here. So far it has been fine.

I had an Oxford cover and it lasted barely a year. I got the Xtectem one in March. It cost a third of the Oxford and has been bought by a few of the guys on here. So far it has been fine.

Yes I got the same one with a deal from the supplier and I have to say it's a good cover. Amazon I think it's sold on

Oxford Stormex all day long. All of my bikes for the past 25 years have lived outside and out of all the covers I've had the Stormex has been the best. Used them on my last 3 bikes and absolutely no issues whatsoever.

I do treat mine with Nikwax every 6 months or so which I think helps.

There is a huge difference between the Oxford aquatex cover which feels cheap and lightweight and the Oxford stormex which is heavy and robust.

Though I did once lose mine to heavy winds as I hadnt bothered to attach the straps after a long night shift and just draped it over :oops:

£60 literally flying away soon taught me a lesson :roll:

I understand the need for it, if you don't have a garage where to keep it than you won't have an alternative.

I would also consider having some kind of blanket underneath it. This because it will get damn damp under the cover and the water will have nowhere to go other than turn into rust. A blanket would absorb the moist keeping the bike a little bit drier. Of course I'm talking about a cotton or any other natural fibre, we all know that polyester won't do the job.

I have the R&G one. Had it five years and still water proof. Was rated ride best buy. And I haven't been disappointed.

It's silver as well, so doesn't heat up so much, or suffer UV damage.

Oxford Aquatex on Xena, been on her since i moved her to the front at the beginning of lockdown, no issues gets full sun till about 6 in the evening, and coped well with the recent rain and high winds :thumb:

I understand the need for it, if you don't have a garage where to keep it than you won't have an alternative.

I would also consider having some kind of blanket underneath it. This because it will get damn damp under the cover and the water will have nowhere to go other than turn into rust. A blanket would absorb the moist keeping the bike a little bit drier. Of course I'm talking about a cotton or any other natural fibre, we all know that polyester won't do the job.

Not a problem with the Stormex, it has a fleece inner liner 👍 12 years of use and no condensation at all. Great covers.

Edited by rob m

Well either Gloucestershire weather is worse than everyone else's or I had a dud cover. After less than 18 months the taped seams had all detached and it was leaking. I was sufficiently unimpressed that I opted for what may be a disposable cover. £30 every year isn't exactly going to break the bank. So far though after nearly 4 months it's still fine.