Help w Scala Smartpack

I have a Smartpack but the two units do not seem to talk to each other. I have looked through the Manual and Quick Start Guide and have found no directions about how to do this. Our last set G9's required you to prompt by pushing the intercom button and saying "call intercom" -- that does not seem to work with this set. Strange it was working last year, but it kept cutting out and disconnecting if you weren't chatting continually. This season, I have not been able to make them work, except to pair with my iPhone for music.

Any advice? What is the obvious thing I am missing?

Rick

Guest Richzx6r

Are they both in run DMC mode? and have you created and added the units to a group?

In run DMC mode you press no buttons they just work

:popcorn:

Are they both in DMC mode? and have you created and added the units to a group?

In DMC mode you press no buttons they just work

Thank you, Stu for the tip.

So that means you just speak and the connection is there and remains so all the time?

Thanks for the tip re DMC mode. I expect that is the mode they came in with blue flashing, rather than green?

I will check that out -- a quick fix if that's it.

Rick

Are they both in DMC mode? and have you created and added the units to a group?

In DMC mode you press no buttons they just work

Thank you, Stu for the tip.

So that means you just speak and the connection is there and remains so all the time?

Thanks for the tip re DMC mode. I expect that is the mode they came in with blue flashing, rather than green?

I will check that out -- a quick fix if that's it.

Rick

Its flashing green for DMC mode on my packtalk

Have a look through the manual it will explain it all in there

Also download the cardo connect app and you can view what mode you are in and change it through the app :thumb:

So I did get them in DMC and they both flashed green, but the "walky talky" function still will not work.

I have never used this pair in conjunction with other riders or part of a pack.

I have not found any help line available from Cardo just to speak with someone about this. Both Smart Packs will connect with each of our phones, you can dictate to the phone through the Smart Pack, so the microphone is working and the Bluetooth connection works.

I am puzzled..

Rick

Email them they where quite helpful when I did: [email protected]

Update the software: https://www.cardosystems.com/support/smartpack/

Also download the manual.

Its an arse to do but the latest release are working better...

I have turned of voice controls but have learned the various death grips to do most things. If not I use the app..

As Stu says DMC mode: Create a pack make sure they are both in it.

Bluetooth: you will need to pair them and connect them.

Download the app on yours and another phone pair the headsets with one to each phone,

Use app to pair head sets (you can do it by finding the right combination of buttons but thats harder).

We have ours paired in DMC and BLuetooth as we use it to share music and talk...

You do need to learn to use these sets to a certain point otherwise they are useless..