Over Trousers

I'm currently wearing some Richa Colorodo textiles which I got back in June, but now the weather has turned they are leaking around the crotch area. The legs are fine, but it just looks like I've pee'd myself after any sign of rain.

Anyone recommend a decent pair (that wont break the bank) pair that would be waterproof.

Thanks

Fish

I go a size larger and get the cheapo no brand rain coat and trousers set and wear them over the textiles. Not very fashionable but it keeps the rain and wind out. I get a couple of winters out of them before the inevitable pissy jocks and then replace them with the same again. It's always the trousers that leak first.

I've never got round to it but I've always fancied the idea of getting some waterproofs that are normally worn at sea . They may not look great on a bike but they've got to be more waterproof than some of the shit I've wasted my money on over the years . https://www.gaelforcemarine.co.uk/Mobile/en/Oilskins/m-c-130.aspx

I have several pairs. A set from Aldi are actually pretty robust and about 80% waterproof. They are fine in most rain but will let through around where your legs rub against the bike in torrential conditions. But for my daily ride on dirty roads they are brilliant and keep me warmer as well.

For really bad weather I have a pair of Richa overtrousers which are easy to put on over boots as they have fasteners right up the legs. So they are handy of it starts raining half way on a ride. I can't remember what I paid for them but it wasn't a huge amount. I work on the basis overtrousers don't survive long on rural roads due to the contaminants off the fields so I don't buy really expensive ones.

Some are probably better than others ... most will be ok in a shower but riding in heavy rain for a while they will all let water in.... just sayin

I've never got round to it but I've always fancied the idea of getting some waterproofs that are normally worn at sea . They may not look great on a bike but they've got to be more waterproof than some of the shit I've wasted my money on over the years . https://www.gaelforcemarine.co.uk/Mobile/en/Oilskins/m-c-130.aspx

Don't count on it as I've tried a few both in working life and when I owned a boat myself. First off they tend to be quite baggy which is fine when working but not so much when you're riding a bike, I'd guess they'd flog themselves to pieces in short order. Secondly unless you pay silly money for Gore Tex ones you sweat like a bast*rd in them. If you don't go particularly fast they may be worth a punt in colder weather.

on 1 of the few occasions I went to work on the bike

it was really P'ing down as I went to go home in the morning :shock:

I "borrowed" a set of bright yellow overtrousers that we had for working outside.

Nasty, heavy, sweaty, baggy things!

But they kept the rain out :thumb:

My tip nowadays is use the car if it's wet :D

overtrousers don't survive long on rural roads due to the contaminants off the fields

Er, what contaminants? :shock:

Pesticides, fertilisers, slurry etc.

We need a campaign for shite-free roads!

Sorry :offtopic:

I'm currently wearing some Richa Colorodo textiles which I got back in June, but now the weather has turned they are leaking around the crotch area. The legs are fine, but it just looks like I've pee'd myself after any sign of rain.

Anyone recommend a decent pair (that wont break the bank) pair that would be waterproof.

Thanks

Fish

you could get some from a builders supply and they will be 100% waterproof

overtrousers don't survive long on rural roads due to the contaminants off the fields

Er, what contaminants? :shock:

Pesticides, fertilisers, slurry etc.

Pig shit. Cow shit. Every shit xcept sheep shit.

Flexothane are the ones ive been using

Bright orange and slightly stretchy ,no crutch leak yet like my waterproof trousers and waterproof bike oversuit

Think they are for fishermen,not too thick material either .They have lasted 2 winters so far no leaks yet

I have a pair of these, use them to ride the scooter to work, big enough to comfortably fit over my work trousers,also got knee armour.

Never had an issue with rain getting in and I have ridden in some torrential rain, the scoots bodywork does offer some protection but fairly confident they would be good on a normal bike.

I also have an RST jacket which is 100% waterproof.

https://www.motocentral.co.uk/rst-aramid-heavy-duty-ce-textile-trouser-slate.html