125 cc Riders in Essex for rideouts?

Hello All

Really getting places on my bike now after a couple of months of practice. Still not filtering and somewhat wary of big hills but aside from that feel like I'm getting there and enjoying myself.

Hoping to find some other 125 riders for the odd rideout. I can do most afternoons, early eves and weekends. Thought it would be good to meet some new people and have company on rides.

Not to exclude riders of bigger bikes ( i will one day get one) just don't want to get left behind. Mine did 70 today full throttle :-)

Anyhow, any takers let me know.

Thanks

Shirl

CBT passed 24 June 2014 :)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm on a Yamaha Virago 125 in Southend. I'm backwards and forwards to uni most days so I'm finding it hard to make the time to ride :(

You could try heading to the Dick Turpin on the A127 on Tuesday night. Every Tuesday is 'Bike Night'. There are loads of guys there and plenty of 125s. I'm usually a bit nervous about being around 'proper bikers', but the guys down there are pretty cool and its a good opportunity to meet people.

can i come?? I promise to stay in 1st gear... :angel12: :angel12:

Seriously though, rinding with bigger bikes might give you some confidence and pointers, and if an experienced rider sees you about to do something silly, they can use the more powerful bike to nip in and alter the situation before it goes bad...

As the other post said you can try the Turpin or Essex Bikers which do have some ride for new big bikers and 125's :thumb: I went on one this time last year and there was 10-11 125's which gave then the chance to use the marker system as well :salute:

• 3 months later...

my sister is starting to ride , would do her good

turpin is good for those who think its cool to hold your revs on the limiter , snear at old bikes and only ride on turpin nights and sundays ,I fecking hate it :evil:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Any riders local to Gillingham or South East London ? Need some mates

Fed up with riding alone lol

maidstone close enough

just passed my test but still ride like im on a 125

Any riders local to Gillingham or South East London ? Need some mates

Fed up with riding alone lol

Not far from me. Like to ride as much as possible.

Start your own thread or PM if you fancy sorting out a ride.

Quite happy riding group rides with 125's

Same goes to O.P. as well.